Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T5140 CPU Speed is 1200 Mhz or 1165 Mhz? Post 302538457 by tien86 on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 04:04:04 AM
Old 07-13-2011
ok its finish

i can show for my customer the speed at 1,2 Ghz at SP mode ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

processor speed in mHZ

how do i tell the processor speed on solaris 8? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

2. AIX

cpu speed

how do i determine the speed of a cpu on AIX 4.3.3 or 5.1? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

3. Solaris

440 MHz problems in UltraSparc 5 Computer

Hi all, I recently purchased a 440 MHz processor module for my Sun Ultrasparc 5 computer. I installed the module, updated the boot prom to the most recent version and when the machine starts up the initial white screen shows I have a 333 MHz processor installed ! I checked the details of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usparche
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Light *nix system for 133 mhz?

I have an old pc, about 133-200 mhz with very little memory and hard-drive. I want to install a small and fast *nix system with ion or some other simple wm for maximal performance. It's supposed to be used as a desktop. If someone could share their experience with older machines and some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux for Pentium @ 150 Mhz and 98Mb in RAM?

I don't know a lot of the world of Linux, but i want to start with an old machine; did someone knows if i can install Linux in a computer with a processor Pentium (not celeron) @ 133 Mhz, 98Mb in RAM (PC100) and 3Gb Hard Drive? a friend tell me about Ubuntu and openSUSE, but I don't know if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omega
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

Get CPU speed without root permissions

How can I get the CPUs speed without root permissions? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

How to find CPU Speed of HP UX

Need to find the CPU speed of HP UX for a non root login. echo "itick_per_usec/D" | adb /stand/vmunix /dev/mem | tail -1 will give the following for non root users ERROR: cannot open `/dev/mem', errno = 13, Permission denied (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surajb
2 Replies

8. Linux

Installation of Linux in 300 MHz with 128 MB ram

Hi I am very new to Linux, but very keen to learn it. I am having a desktop of 300 MHz with 128 MB RAM and 30 GB hard drive with Windows XP. My first question is - Is there any version/flavour of Linux available that can be installed on above system especially Fedora with less compromise... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

get CPU speed use pstat APIs

I get my CPU speed use pstat APIs use this program serach google and just test it #include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> #define CPU_ID 0 #define HZ_PER_MHZ 1000000 int main() { struct pst_processor pst; union pstun pu; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

10. Linux Benchmarks

HP C3750 workstation, PA-8700+ 875 MHz 2 GB RAM

CPU/Speed: 875 MHz Ram: 2 GHz Motherboard: Bus: PCI Cache: 2.25MB Controller: SCSI Disk: 2x SEAGATE ST373405LC 73 GB Load: 1 user, idle Kernel: 2.6.26-2-parisc Kernel ELF?: pgms: gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1.1) Shell scripts (8 concurrent) 1 2 3 Dc: sqrt(2) to 99 decimal... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatuser
0 Replies
streampipes(5)							File Formats Manual						    streampipes(5)

NAME
streampipes - force all pipes to be STREAMS-based VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values DESCRIPTION
This tunable determines the type of pipe that is created by the system call. If set to the default value of zero, all pipes created by are normal HP-UX file-system pipes. If the value is non-zero, creates STREAMS-based pipes, and STREAMS modules can be pushed onto the result- ing stream. If this tunable is set to a non-zero value, the and module and driver must be configured in file Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Any customer. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at next reboot. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? If the customer uses applications that require STREAMS-based pipes, this tunable should be turned on. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? STREAMS-based pipes performance may differ from normal file system pipes. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? If the customer does not need the STREAMS-based pipes, this tunable should be turned off. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? Applications that try to push STREAMS modules onto the pipe will fail. What Other Tunable Should Be Changed at the Same Time as This One? If this tunable is set to a non-zero value, the and module and driver must be configured in the file WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters streampipes(5)