Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find Multiple Strings from a list of *.gz files withour decompressing... Post 302538446 by varun87 on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 03:27:07 AM
Old 07-13-2011
Thanks buddyy....

I know my mistake... I was giving spacebar between the two options... as a result it was not working... Now its working.. :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To view .gz files without decompressing it

hi, I have a file called Archiver1.gz how to view this file without doing gunzip on it i.e. decompressing it i tried this command but its not working: gzcat Archiver1.gz | tail -10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

best method of replacing multiple strings in multiple files - sed or awk? most simple preferred :)

Hi guys, say I have a few files in a directory (58 text files or somthing) each one contains mulitple strings that I wish to replace with other strings so in these 58 files I'm looking for say the following strings: JAM (replace with BUTTER) BREAD (replace with CRACKER) SCOOP (replace... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple strings in multiple files using single command

Hi, I will use below command for grep single string ("osuser" is search string) ex: find . -type f | xarg grep -il osuser but i have one more string "v$session" here i want to grep in which file these two strings are present. any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance. Gagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find and replace strings in multiple files

Hi All, Iam new to unix, I need to find string and replace it in the file name. Like text_123_0.txt,text_123_1.txt,text_123_2.txt. I need to search 123 and replace it with 234 . Is there any unix command to replace them in single command since i have 5 directories. So i need to go each and every... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find multiple strings within files under a directory

Hi guys, I need to find multiple strings within files under a directory and secondly, to count how many files are there with these strings. At present, i am able to do this in order to find one string (for example "abc"): find <path> -exec grep "abc" {} /dev/null \; Now for example, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frum
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace: Multiple Strings / Multiple Files

I have a list of files all over a file system e.g. /home/1/foo/bar.x /www/sites/moose/foo.txtI'm looking for strings in these files and want to replace each occurrence with a replacement string, e.g. if I find: '#@!^\&@ in any of the files I want to replace it with: 655#@11, etc. There... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings on multiple files and output to multiple files

Hi All, I want to use egrep on multiple files and the results should be output to multiple files. I am using the below code in my shell script(working in Ksh shell). However with this code I am not attaining the desired results. #!/bin/ksh ( a="/path/file1" b="path/file2" for file in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: am24
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using find to output list of files with specific strings

This is my problem, I am using the following code to extract the file names with specific strings 0.01: find ./ -name "*.txt" -exec grep -H '0.01' {} + It works wonders with a small sample. However, when I use it in a real scenario it produces an empty file -even though I am sure there are... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies
SVN_CLEANUP(3)								 1							    SVN_CLEANUP(3)

svn_cleanup - Recursively cleanup a working copy directory, finishing incomplete operations and removing locks

SYNOPSIS
bool svn_cleanup (string $workingdir) DESCRIPTION
Recursively cleanup working copy directory $workingdir, finishing any incomplete operations and removing working copy locks. Use when a working copy is in limbo and needs to be usable again. PARAMETERS
o $workingdir - String path to local working directory to cleanup Note Relative paths will be resolved as if the current working directory was the one that contains the PHP binary. To use the calling script's working directory, use realpath(3) or dirname(__FILE__). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Basic example This example demonstrates clean up of a working copy in a directory named help-me: <?php svn_cleanup(realpath('help-me')); ?> The realpath(3) call is necessary due to SVN's quirky handling of relative paths. SEE ALSO
update(3), SVN documentation on svn cleanup. PHP Documentation Group SVN_CLEANUP(3)