Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Create sym-link into /dev (zone) Post 302538429 by beta17 on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 02:32:13 AM
Old 07-13-2011
yes i know, but i need a way to do it!
maybe someone has and idea for me? :-)

---------- Post updated at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:22 AM ----------

ok, found another way how to write a file into /dev (from a zone)
Code:
# touch /zones/test/dev/file2

when i write a file into /zones/test/dev/ i can see it on the zone!!! :-D

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Symbolic Link

I am Solaris korn shell. I want to create a symbolic link. I have a directory /u01/ftp01/db I want to reference it as /u05/swe/my (this is not a real directory) I tried a symbolic link but it does not work ln -s /u01/ftp01/db /u05/swe/my ln: cannot create //u05/swe/my: No such... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
2 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Sym Link problem

Hi, I am using Mac X 10.5. It's supporting BSD. I am getting strange problem. • Launch the terminal. • Create a directory. Use cd <directory> • Now create another directory test with command “mkdir test”. • Create a soft link with command “ln -s text.txt test” • Go to the test directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

3. BSD

sym link problem

Hi, I am using Mac X 10.5. It's supporting BSD. I am getting strange problem. • Launch the terminal. • Create a directory. Use cd <directory> • Now create another directory test with command “mkdir test”. • Create a soft link with command “ln -s text.txt test” • Go to the test directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

4. AIX

How to create a sym link pointing a changing name.

Hello A new file is created every day with the date appended to the end of a name. We are using Autosys to run jobs which watches for the file and runs jobs. But Autosys does not have the capability to figure out the current date. I tried creating a symlink like this ln -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vra5107
1 Replies

5. Programming

Create a pipe to /dev/tty

Hello everybody: I have a child process which reads a password from /dev/tty, as far as I know file descriptors for the child process can be seen by using lsof, so I want to connect to such device in order to send the password through a pipe, how could I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Link Based IPMP on Shared IP Solaris Zone

Hi, This may have already been raised previously so sorry for the duplication. What I want to achieve is have a physical server using link based IPMP setup in the global zone (not problem doing that) and then create a zone set as Shared-IP so when the servers NIC has an issue the IP will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Create a Link for a directory

Hi, I need to create a link as stagein01 for the /p11/prod/stagein01/. Please let me know the procedure for the same. Regards, VN (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot create a link with the same name

Hi - Our system admin cannot create a link to NAS with one particular name but he can create with other names. What might be the cause? Regards ---------- Post updated at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:29 AM ---------- It says permission denied. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Sym Links for a series of files

Hello, I would like to create symbolic links for a series of files in my cwd (after confirming that the links don't already exist). The above files all have a similar prefix, but different extensions. I created a shell script like shown below and I get an error message "No such file or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
ZPRINT(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ZPRINT(1)

NAME
zprint - show information about kernel zones SYNOPSIS
zprint [-w] [-s] [-c] [-h] [name] DESCRIPTION
zprint(1) displays data about Mach zones. By default, zprint will print out information about all Mach zones. If the optional name is specified, zprint will print information about each zone for which name is a substring of the zone's name. zprint interprets the following options: -w For each zone, zprint calculates how much space is allocated but not currently in use, the space wasted by the zone. -s zprint sorts the zones, showing the wasting the most memory first. -c (Default) zprint prints zone info in columns. Long zone names are truncated with '$', and spaces are replaced with '.', to allow for sorting by column. Pageable and collectible zones are shown with 'P' and 'C' on the far right. Zones with preposterously large maximum sizes are shown with '----' in the max size and max num elts fields. -h (Default) Shows headings for the columns printed with the -c option. It may be useful to override this option when sorting by col- umn. Any option (including default options) can be overridden by specifying the option in upper-case; for example, -C overrides the (default) option -c. SEE ALSO
host_zone_info(2). 27/02/87 ZPRINT(1)