Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Is Unix/Linux used in space exploration? Post 302538343 by david6789 on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 04:17:44 PM
Old 07-12-2011
The systems that monitor space Orbiting objects and launches are MVS and unix based.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux space problem

I am very new to Linux and trying to install Oracle 9.2 on Red Hat Linux 7.2. My problem: /tmp needs to be larger in order to install Oracle. It is 64MB now. How can I resize this? I'm totally confused !! Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: canova
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

about shared memory space in Linux !

Dear Friends , I am confused about shared memory in Linux . plz look @ the below output : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 126G 61G 59G 52% / tmpfs 1.7G 0 1.7G 0% /dev/shm Here , I see that every time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much take space Linux operating system?

Hi Guys, I have a PC (laptop), where ram is 1 GB, hard disk is 400 GB, Now in my PC has window7 & oracle 10g, suppose if we now installed linux then will my system work or we should remove window7 now, please let me know that which linux version is take less space in PC. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
3 Replies
snsplit,v0.3.8(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 snsplit,v0.3.8(8)

NAME
snsplit - split an article stream into individual articles SYNOPSIS
snsplit [-r] [field... -] prog... DESCRIPTION
snsplit reads an article stream from descriptor 0 and splits it into separate articles, invoking prog... on each, with the article ava- iable on descriptor 0. This is useful as a quick-and-dirty way of filtering an article stream. The incoming article stream is expected to be in wire format, with lines ending in CRLF, leading dots doubled, and delimited by a dot on a line by itself. The article presented to prog... will have lines that end in a bare newline, will have all header lines unfolded, leading dots will be unstuffed, and the article will be terminated by end-of-file. ARGUMENTS
prog... is the program (with arguments) to run on each article. If prog... exits with any kind of failure, snsplit aborts. field...- are optional header field names. If these are specified, the value of the first header field of that name will be exported into the environment. This field... list must be terminated by the hyphen. See also ENVIRONMENT below. OPTIONS
-r Expect input articles in rnews batch format instead. ENVIRONMENT
snsplit sets some environment variables. If the environment already contains these variables, they will be overwritten. SEQUENCE If already set to a positive value, it is incremented for the first article. If it isn't set, is set to one for the first article. Thereafter it is incremented for each subsequent article. The value is always a 6-digit number with leading zeroes, and it can roll over. BYTES contains the size of the current article. HEAD_LINES The number of lines in the head of the article, excluding the blank separator line. BODY_LINES The number of lines in the body of the article, excluding the blank separator line. FLD_FIELD If any fields are specified on the command line, where field is the name of an article header field, then FLD_FIELD will be set to the value of field, where FIELD is the same as field but with lower case characters changed to upper case, and all hyphens changed to underscores. Confusing? If field is message-id, then FLD_MESSAGE_ID will be set to the value of the first Message-ID field in the current article, if there is one. EXIT CODES
snsplit exits 0 on success, 1 on usage error, 2 on system error, and 3 on article format error. If prog... exits with other than 0, snsplit will also exit that value. N.B. Harold Tay snsplit,v0.3.8(8)