Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script from ftp to sftp
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script from ftp to sftp Post 302538321 by pua06 on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 02:33:27 PM
Old 07-12-2011
script from ftp to sftp

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato

i have my own server and upload file with ftp with this script

Code:
ftp -n xxxxxxxxxcom<<EOF 
user xxxx  xxxx
binary
put image
bye
EOF

i want to convert to sftp or secure protocol
when change to sftp no respond it stop
i don't know how to start
any file need to install?
thanks so much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

FTP v's SFTP

Hi, I'm being told that I have to start using SFTP from my server (HPUX 11i), so heres a few questions; What are the differences between FTP and SFTP? What differences in congiuration can I expect? Are there any changes in command usage? I did see an earlier thread with command issues. A few... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to SFTP conversion

Hi, I have the following ftp code to check the status of communication channel : /bin/ftp -i -v -n -B 64 $HOST <<END 2>&1 > $LOGFILE user $user $password bye END I need to re write to use SFTP, I know how to do SFTP with authentication keys. But my problem is, when the authentication... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to SFTP conversion

Hi, I have the following ftp code to check the status of communication channel : /bin/ftp -i -v -n -B 64 $HOST <<END 2>&1 > $LOGFILE user $user $password bye END I need to re write exactly the same way with SFTP using authentication keys, I know how to do SFTP with authentication keys.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

'Upgrading' to sftp from ftp

Somebody made a policy that 'we use sftp now instead of ftp'. I have recommended we use scp because I can't for the life of me think of a *good* reason to use sftp and not scp. But most of what I do is stupid stuff without a good reason. I get judged on how much I can just say yes, no matter how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CodeMonkey76
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX ftp/sftp script monitor to failed logins

Hi All, Any idea on how to write a script on AIX 5.3 to monitor ftp or sftp login failed. Thanks and more power, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing ftp with sftp in the script....

Hi, I have the following bash script(related to ftp) that read the parameters from the properties file and then transfer some files to the remote machine... following is the bash script .... #!/bin/sh . ftp.properties ftp -vin >> ftp.log <<-! open $RemoteIp user... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

lftp script to connect to external sftp site and download to internal ftp and then send email

Hi there, I'm new to shell scripting and need some help if possible? I need to create a shell script (.sh) to run as a cron job on an ubuntu linux server to connect to an external sftp sites directory using credentials (which I have) and then download to our internal ftp server and then copy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghath
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migration from FTP to SFTP

Hi Everyone, We are migrating from FTP to SFTP. We used the following script for FTP: echo "ftp -np -i -v << EOF" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "open ${SRC_FTP_SERVER} " >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "user ${SRC_FTP_USER} ${SRC_FTP_PWD}" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE} echo "binary" >> ${FTP_READY_FILE}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jigsaw16
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and SFTP functionality

Hi Friends, I need to make a Unix script, where i need ftp and sftp functionality. Let me describe in details: I need to import few files from remote server, now these remote server either support ftp or sftp not both. So i need a script where my script will try to do ftp first and if it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
8 Replies
dput(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   dput(1)

NAME
dput - package upload tool for Debian SYNTAX
dput [options] [host] package.changes ... DESCRIPTION
This is a tool for uploading Debian packages into the archive. You may specify to which host it should upload the file by passing it an host argument. If omitted, dput uses the host specified by default_host (or, historically default_host_non-us) configuration option. Also you have to pass the program one or more name of package.changes files and then they will be sequentially uploaded. This program will then upload the package for you into the archive, using a selected upload method. Currently dput supports ftp, scp, rsync, http, https, and local. The method scripts have been split from the main script so it is easy to add new methods. Look in /usr/share/dput/ for examples. Should something go wrong with your upload to destinations using the Debian upload queue daemon (e.g. ftp-master), you can remove files from the upload queue with dcut(1). OPTIONS
-c, --config - define a config file to use. -d, --debug - activate debugging mode, helpful if bugs occur. -D, --dinstall - do a dry run of dinstall after the upload. -f, --force - force an upload of an already uploaded package. -h, --help - print help information and exit. -H, --host-list - print the lists of hosts that dput knows about. -l, --lintian - run lintian before the upload. -U, --no-upload-log - do not write a .upload log file after uploading. -o, --check-only - check only the package and do not upload. -p, --print - print the configuration that dput is using. -P, --passive - use passive ftp instead of active. Note that passive ftp is the default unless specified otherwise in the configuration file. -s, --simulate - simulate an upload only. -u, --unchecked - don't check GnuPG signature on the changes file. -e, --delayed - Upload to a DELAYED queue, rather than the usual Incoming. This takes an argument from 0 to 15. Note that a delay of 0 is different from no delay at all. -v, --version - print version information and exit. -V, --check-version - check if the user has already installed and tested the package before putting it into the archive. ENVIRONMENT
This program doesn't depend on any environment variables. But if the variable USER is set, it will be used. LICENSE
This program is distributed under the terms of the GPL. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the author. FILES
/etc/dput.cf global dput configuration file ~/.dput.cf peruser dput configuration file SEE ALSO
dput.cf(5) dcut(1) /usr/share/doc/dput /usr/share/dput AUTHOR
dput was written Christian Kurz. The current maintainer is Thomas Viehmann <tv@beamnet.de>. Many other people have contributed to this code. See the Thanks file. COMMENTS
The author does appreciate comments and suggestions from you. October 5, 2001 dput(1)