Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comparison of 2 files using unix or awk Post 302538308 by Shell_Life on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 01:37:33 PM
Old 07-12-2011
Your sample range is overlapping:
Code:
1210  1305  1260  1295
1400 1500 1450  1495

If you search for:
1261 it is in the first range 1210-1305 and also in the second 1260-1295.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Comparison between two files using awk

I have two files with field seperator as "~". File A: 12~13~14~15 File B: 22~22~32~11 i want to calculate the difference between two files and than calculate the percentage difference and output it to a new file. How do i do this using awk. Also please suggest GOOD awk tutorials. Thank... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of two files in awk

Hi, I have two files file1 and file2 delimited by semicolon, And I want to compare column 2 and column3 of file1 to column3 and column 4 in file2. file1 -------- abc;cef;155.67;143_34; def;fgh;146.55;123.3; frg;hff;134.67;; yyy;fgh;134.78;35_45; file 2 --------- abc;cef;155.09;;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparison of 2 files in UNIX

Hi, There are two files in UNIX system with some lines are exactly the same, some lines are not. I want to compare these two files.The 2 files (both the files have data in Column format )should be compared row wise and any difference in data for a particular row should lead to storage of data of... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dana Evans
32 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Comparison of 2 specific files

Hi Everybody, I know the topic sounds familiar but I just couldn't adapt or find the right code that solves my particular issue. I really hope you can help. I would like to compare 2 files in an awk script. Both files have different paths. The awk script call should look like that awk -f... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhoosscchhii
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df -> output files; comparison using awk or...

:wall: I am trying to do the following using awk (is that the best way?): Read 2 files created from the output of df (say, on different days) and compare the entries using the 1st (FileSys) and 6th (Mount) fields to see if the size has changed. Output (at least), to a new file (some header... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: renata
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Replacement using 2 diff files input and comparison

Requirement: If $5(date field) in ipfile is less than $7(date field) in deact file & $1 of ipfile is present in deactfile then $1 to be replaced by $2,$3,$4,$5,$6 of deact file else if $5(date field) in ipfile is greater than $7(date field) in actfile & $1 of ipfile is present in actfile then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison between two files through UNIX script

Hi All , As I am new to unix scripting ,I need a help regarding unix scripting .I have two .txt files .One is source file and another is target file.I need a script through which I can compare those two files.I need a automated comparison report in a directory after comparing between source &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help regarding comparison between two files through UNIX script

Hi All , I am aware of unix command ,but not comforable in putting together in script level.I came to situation where I need to compare between two .txt files fieldwise and need a mismatch report. As I am new to unix script arena ,if anyone can help in the below scenario that will be really... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk comparison using multiple files

Hi, I have 2 files, I need to use column of file1 and do a comparison on file2 column 1 and print the mismatch is file3 as mentioned below. Kindly consider that file 1 is having uniq key(column) whereas in file2 we have multiple duplicates (like 44). These duplicates should not come in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grv
2 Replies
ZDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZDIFF(1)

NAME
zcmp, zdiff - compare compressed files SYNOPSIS
zcmp [ cmp_options ] file1 [ file2 ] zdiff [ diff_options ] file1 [ file2 ] DESCRIPTION
Zcmp and zdiff are used to invoke the cmp or the diff program on files compressed via gzip. All options specified are passed directly to cmp or diff. If only file1 is specified, it is compared to the uncompressed contents of file1.gz. If two files are specified, their con- tents (uncompressed if necessary) are fed to cmp or diff. The input files are not modified. The exit status from cmp or diff is pre- served. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), zmore(1), zgrep(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) BUGS
Messages from the cmp or diff programs may refer to file names such as "-" instead of to the file names specified. ZDIFF(1)