Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows remote to Solaris to execute ksh script Post 302538180 by itkamaraj on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 03:49:11 AM
Old 07-12-2011
you can use plink also. Download plink from the below page
PuTTY Download Page

Code:
plink username@remoteserver "/path/to/command"

For password less setup, refer the below links

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/Chapter7.html
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/Chapter8.html#pubkey
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/0.60/htmldoc/Chapter8.html#pubkey-gettingready
This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

execute .ksh from windows

hi all... this is my question: i have two servers (sun and windows). In the Sun server i have solaris 5.7. The Windows Server is Win 2000. in the unix machine (sun) i have a program ksh, and i would like execute it from my windows server (run the ksh program what is in the unix machine from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute a script on remote machine

hi unix guru's i am new to unix shell programming. i found a trouble in executing a script(bali.ksh) which is available on serverA with username xyza, this script contains sqlplus command to retrive the data from the database available on other serverC. Now i need to run the above script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute remote script asynchronous

Does anyone know how to execute remote script asynchronously? Here is my command TargetList=$testmaker/config/prod_domain.list for targethost in `cat $TargetList`; do rsh $targethost -l bvuser "$HOME/var/script-root/afp/bin/run_nrtp_cache_flush.sh $appName" done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemjesse
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote access from Windows 2000 into Solaris 8

All, I am looking for the easiest solution that will let me remote access from a Windows 2000 client into a Solaris 8 server. Any suggestions? Thanks Kevin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute another shell from my ksh script?

I am newbie in UNIX, so please excuse me for the stupid question.:) Here is a problem: I created ksh script where the part of the functionality include an opening of a second session with another shell process "runrep"(runrep is a custom reporting shell designed by Advent Geneva). When I run my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexstar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote execute awk script

Hi gurus I need to execute awk command on remote machine and write output to stdout. So far Ive tried: ssh server "ifconfig | grep -A 1 "^eth" | awk '{if ($1~/^eth/) {temp=$1} else {print temp $0}}'" ssh server "exec " < file_containing_above_command But neither works Without awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to execute a remote script in the background

Help please!! I want to use ssh to execute a remote exe and while it's running I want to query for the process ID of the exe (2 different ssh commands) 1. sshpass -p "<passwd>" ssh -f -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@<ipaddress> nohup /tmp/mmds_asyn & 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvompoluTMW
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a local script against a remote server

I am unable to run the below script against a remote server due to syntax error (then unexpected), but i am able to run it locally. Am i executing it correctly or is there any other way to execute it. ssh username@servernname ksh -s < scriptname #!/bin/ksh function record { ((end =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute shell script in remote machine

Hi All, We have 2 servers A and B. B is having a sctipt called b.sh in path /home/dev/scripts. Now my requirement is i want to execute b.sh from server A. Kindly help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script on remote machine

I want to execute a shell script(set of commands) on remote machine and that script takes input from text file(local machine). Please refer below: ssh user@hostname 'bash -s'< ./test.sh file.txt But i got the error file.txt doesn't exist. Can anyone help me on this. Content of test.sh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishtri88
2 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)