Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Computer to buy?
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Which Computer to buy? Post 302538104 by methyl on Monday 11th of July 2011 09:02:52 PM
Old 07-11-2011
My advice: Look at the full Computer Science syllabus in great detail and also telephone the University Department for advice. If the course has a M$ bias you might need a computer inferior to a MacBook which runs a specific version of M$ Windows.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

were can you buy unix?

Were can you buy unix, and what kind of prices is it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KoRY
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Which Notebook to buy

Hi Im not sure that i post that Thread here on the right place but i hope someone can help me. Im searching for a new Notebook with Linux or Unix as system. Im looking for a Notebook with the following components: Intel Core 2 for mobile min 2GB RAM 15 " Display none reflective ATI or NVidia... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MagicMike
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print all the rows from "BUY" Tag with "SELL" with Buy/sell tag at end

hi I have the following input and i want to print all the rows from "BUY" Tag till "SELL" alongwith Buy/sell tag at end of each row ------ INPUT ===== 30/06/2009,NORMAL,ALL,ALL BUY 1,CBLO/020709,T+0,30/06/2009,100.00,3.00,999835643.46,200906300000422,-, 15:04:42,BUY... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

What to buy?

Hi, I'm looking at buying two desktops (with no Opsys) to install RedHat and do remote installs and networking. I would also like to run MongoDB/Puppet/Chef and some other open source products. I would like to know the following please - 1. What processor and how much memory should I go for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gow
0 Replies
Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)

NAME
Aspect::Advice::Around - Execute code both before and after a function SYNOPSIS
use Aspect; around { # Trace all calls to your module print STDERR "Called my function " . $_->sub_name . " "; # Lexically alter a global for this function local $MyModule::MAXSIZE = 1000; # Continue and execute the function $_->run_original; # Suppress exceptions for the call $_->return_value(1) if $_->exception; } call qr/^ MyModule::w+ $/; DESCRIPTION
The "around" advice type is used to execute code on either side of a function, allowing deep and precise control of how the function will be called when none of the other advice types are good enough. Using "around" advice is also critical if you want to lexically alter the environment in which the call will be made (as in the example above where a global variable is temporarily changed). This advice type is also the most computationally expensive to run, so if your problem can be solved with the use of a different advice type, particularly "before", you should use that instead. Please note that unlike the other advice types, your code in "around" is required to trigger the execution of the target function yourself with the "proceed" method. If you do not "proceed" and also do not set either a "return_value" or "exception", the function call will return "undef" in scalar context or the null list "()" in list context. AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 Adam Kennedy. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-01 Aspect::Advice::Around(3pm)