Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy the latest (last file) in given folder Post 302537896 by upvan111 on Monday 11th of July 2011 03:07:42 AM
Old 07-11-2011
- it simply (i=1;i<=1536;i++);
{1..1536..n}denotes (i=1;i<=1536;i+=n);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest file from a folder

Hi, I have a problem. I have some text files in a folder. The names can be like: emp_20080307053015.dat emp_20080306053015.dat emp_20080305053015.dat emp_20080304053015.dat The date format appended is like yyyymmdd and timestamp. What i need is i have to copy the latest file every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswarth
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying latest file into a folder

Hello all, this is my first post while i am trying to understand unix. I would basically like to know if i can do this: Lets say i have a folderA and folderB And i save something in folderA Can i make a script that checks folderA latest file, then compares it with the date of latest file in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: takissd
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the latest file from one directory to another

Hi All, I am in the directory a/b/processed the files in this directories are -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 330 Aug 8 chandantest.txt_08082008 -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 220 Aug 7 chandantest.txt_07082008 -rw-r--r-- 1 owb users 330 Aug 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandancsc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the latest file to a directory

Hi Team, I wish to copy the latest file of pattern "MyFile*" to some other location. I need to do all the operation in a single command separated by |. ls -rt <MyFile*> | tail -1 | <copy command>. How can I do? Please help me. Thanks, Kanda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the latest file in the remote server's directory

Hi Expert Team, I performed the below piece of code to copy the latest file in the remote server's directory to the same server's other directory. But it is not working properly. How can i handle this? Can you please help me..? ssh ${REMOTE_USERID}@${REMOTE_HOSTNAME} "cp -p `ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to copy latest file using SFTP

Hi All, In my unix server, I have the following files: h1.txt h2.txt h3.txt and through SFTP i need to copy only the latest file to another unix server. Can you please let me know what command i need to use. Thanks in Advance, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy latest generated file

Hi, There is csv file generated at /usr/data on server1 on monthly basis. It is in the format reportYYYYDD(e.g 201105). I needed a script which would copy the latest generated file from the location to another server at /usr/loc Please can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alok Ranjan
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need to copy the latest file from Unix server to Shared folder

Hi All, One job in unix server will generate .csv files daily. I need to copy the latest of these .csv file from the unix server to the shared drive/folder in windows through unix script. My shared folder will look something like W:\some folder(for example). Could any one of you please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaya@123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy specific file (different but same name) as folder name

I have to copy a particular file present in a main folder having part of the file-name present in many sub-folders to a new destination preserving the name of the source "part of the main folder" and previous file-name of the output file: Example: From /005_0/1000/005.xxx ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wappor
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Retrieve the Latest file in a folder using SFTP

HI Guys, Can anyone help me to retrieve the latest file from below example using SFTP I have below list of files in a folder v403t.lstprgms.sortin1 val027.d099.fwest.oct2711 xcelrptd.d1400sqp.dec1713.t040459.@02del xcelrptd.d1400sqp.dec1713.t073308.@02del... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heye18
3 Replies
EMPTY-PAGE(1)							 ExactImage Manual						     EMPTY-PAGE(1)

NAME
empty-page - empty page detector of the ExactImage toolkit SYNOPSIS
empty-page [option...] {-i | --input} input-file empty-page {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
ExactImage is a fast C++ image processing library. Unlike many other library frameworks it allows operation in several color spaces and bit depths natively, resulting in low memory and computational requirements. empty-page counts dark pixels of a black and white image and decides with a threshold whether the page is most probably empty, and thus can be removed from the image processing stream. OPTIONS
-i file, --input file Read image from the specified file. -m n, --margin n Set width of border margin to skip. For speed reasons, the margin has to be a multiple of 8. The default is 16. -p x, --percentage x Set fraction of permissible dark pixels. The default is 0.05 (5%). -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
$ empty-page -i test.tif The image has 75461 dark pixels from a total of 1060992 (7.11231%). non-empty EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the image is mostly white, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
exactimage(7) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/ This manual page incorporates texts found on the ExactImage homepage. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. empty-page 09/09/2013 EMPTY-PAGE(1)