Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Anti hack software search
Operating Systems BSD Anti hack software search Post 302537895 by braveh4rt on Monday 11th of July 2011 03:07:06 AM
Old 07-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by patlee
Hi there

I'm looking for anti hack software. I want a few types.

1. User monitoring. If anyone tries to login 3 or more times with the wrong info.. that user should be cut off for 15 minutes

2. Permanent IP Blocking - it would be great to have a user friendly/faster method of Permanent IP blocking - currently I edit the hosts allow.

Any suggestions for Unix FreeBSD would really be appreciated.

Pat Lee
You can do it in BSD.
Try bruteblock in the ports. It can monitoring the log of a service, like ftp, ssh.
If the Ip logged to be error login, for how many time you specify in any hour / day, you can block it for as long as you want.

it works using ipfw or PF, you can chose ..

hope helps

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Where i have to search for software ?

What is the places where i can search for ports or software for Sun Solaris ?, im new to this OS , and i like it and i like its Java desktop but i cant find a software like which i was use in FreeBSD? so can i use BSD ports ? or there is a place i can search for ports in ?, btw i got SUN companion... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home?

I used to have trendmicro I used it for free when I worked with a previous company, when I left I had to uninstall it and switched to using Zone Alarm. I tell you on some days I really want to pull my hair out when my PC really works like a snail and sometimes really so unresponsive for up to... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
20 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Anonymous published Sentinel counter-hack anti-cyberterrorism training ISO – Computer

Anonymous published Sentinel counter-hack anti-cyberterrorism training ISO image - Computerworld Blogs The link in their twitter doesn't work any more. https://twitter.com/#!/AnonymousIRC/status/85134355659374593 Anyone know for any link to this iso? maybe server outside the US? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: programAngel
1 Replies

4. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
OpenGL::XScreenSaver(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 OpenGL::XScreenSaver(3pm)

NAME
OpenGL::XScreenSaver - prepare environment for writing OpenGL-based XScreenSaver hacks SYNOPSIS
use OpenGL qw(:all); use OpenGL::XScreenSaver; OpenGL::XScreenSaver::init(); # GetOptions(...); # parse your own options, if any OpenGL::XScreenSaver::start(); while(1) { glClear(...); # draw your scene here OpenGL::XScreenSaver::update(); } DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to write OpenGL XScreenSaver hacks in Perl. It prepares the GL to be used with XScreenSaver. Read the synopsis for how your program might look. Description of functions The init() function will return a true value if a window to draw on has been found, and a false value if a window will have to be created. This value can be ignored unless you want to make sure that your screenhack cannot be executed outside XScreenSaver (e.g. if your standalone version comes as an extra binary with keyboard control, which would be useless in a screensaver). The start() function will open the connection to the X server and bind to the window ID or create a new window to draw on (depends on if it was called standalone or from XScreenSaver). The update() function should be called when you finished rendering the frame. It will flush output and swap the buffers. In the future it might also handle a minimal set of X events when run in standalone mode (like window deletion requests by the window manager). The dimensions() function returns a list with the width and the height of the currently used window. About screenhacks What follows is a short description of how it works and what XScreenSaver expects a screenhack to do. XScreenSaver tells the hack on startup what window ID the hack shall draw to. This is either a small window mapping to the screen in the preview dialog, or a fullscreen window. The window ID is passed either via the -window-id option or via the XSCREENSAVER_WINDOW environment variable. init() of this module checks both of these. XScreenSaver handles all user input including exiting and pausing the screensaver. The process is sent a SIGSTOP when the unlock screen is displayed, obviously a SIGCONT when it is dismissed, and when the pointing device is moved or the screen gets unlocked XScreenSaver sends a SIGTERM. This means that no event handling is required by your screenhack whatsoever. This again keeps the design of a screenhack dead simple. SEE ALSO
OpenGL AUTHORS &; COPYRIGHTS Made 2010 by Lars Stoltenow. OpenGL::XScreenSaver is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-02-20 OpenGL::XScreenSaver(3pm)