Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert date in a statement? Post 302537694 by pinpe on Saturday 9th of July 2011 10:56:52 AM
Old 07-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
Use this AWK line:
Code:
awk -F"," -vDATE=$DATE '{if($5==430) print $1",,,TEST,1,1,8,"DATE}' inputfile.txt

Hi bartus,

This is great! Thanks! But what if I want to put the DATEfor tomorrow like this format 20110710

Thanks again in advance. Really appreciate your help.

Br,
Pinpe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command for INSERT statement

Hi, I sometimes bulk upload data in oracle. The problem is that I sometimes get an INSERT statemnt like this: INSERT INTO ALL_USER_HOTSPOT_DETAILS (USR_LOGIN,USR_LASTNAME,USR_FIRSTNAME,USR_EMAIL, PROPERTYNR) VALUES ('SABRDAG','D'AGOS','SABRINA','sabrina_d'agos@sheraton.com',70) I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert TAB in echo statement

Hi, Can some1 help me to output a tab in an echo statement. I have tried echo "RNC: \t NODEB" but dont get the correct output. I am a beginnger to unix, so pls hold back the laughs....if u can (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunils27
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script does not execute Insert Statement

Hi I have a text file , contents are Line1:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line2:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line3:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 ....and so on... I want to read this file and insert the data into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in insert statement

hi, When i try to run the code below, i get the following error "ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected" i am not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me? Code: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

6. Programming

Dynamic Insert statement

I have a form , where i will put the values to a table. I wrote a insert statement for the same. Table structure is ename | character varying(30) | eadd | character varying(30) | eid | integer | sal | integer In the statements, i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

7. Programming

Assign variable for INSERT INTO statement

Hello, Can anyone tell me that, How can I assign variable to shell script variable, which i need to use in INSERT INTO statement? my shell script variables are, EMPNAME=`regular expression` EMPID=`regular expression` EMPBDATE=`regular expression` Now through ksh script I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert numbers to a in between statement

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script that will give me the output below. I want to insert the numbers from the input file to my url addresses below. And from the numbers below, I want to separate the last digit with a period (i.e. from 222222222222 to 22222222222.2). Appreciate any help.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single quotes insert statement using awk

Hi, Need help, using awk command to insert statement awk -v q="'" '{ print "db2 connect to repolab > /dev/null; " "\n" "db2 -x \" select name from IBMPDQ.PROFILE where managed_database = " q $1"_"$3"__0" q "\"" } ' profile.txt | sh - | awk -v i="'" ' { print "db2 connect to repolab >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mathew_paul
1 Replies
Boulder::Medline(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Boulder::Medline(3pm)

NAME
Boulder::Medline - Fetch Medline data records as parsed Boulder Stones SYNOPSIS
# parse a file of Medline records $ml = new Boulder::Medline(-accessor=>'File', -param => '/data/medline/medline.txt'); while (my $s = $ml->get) { print $s->Identifier; print $s->Abstract; } # parse flatfile yourself open (ML,"/data/medline/medline.txt"); local $/ = "*RECORD*"; while (<ML>) { my $s = Boulder::Medline->parse($_); # etc. } DESCRIPTION
Boulder::Medline provides retrieval and parsing services for Medline records Boulder::Medline provides retrieval and parsing services for NCBI Medline records. It returns Medline entries in Stone format, allowing easy access to the various fields and values. Boulder::Medline is a descendent of Boulder::Stream, and provides a stream-like interface to a series of Stone objects. Access to Medline is provided by one accessors, which give access to local Medline database. When you create a new Boulder::Medline stream, you provide the accessors, along with accessor-specific parameters that control what entries to fetch. The accessors is: File This provides access to local Medline entries by reading from a flat file. The stream will return a Stone corresponding to each of the entries in the file, starting from the top of the file and working downward. The parameter is the path to the local file. It is also possible to parse a single Medline entry from a text string stored in a scalar variable, returning a Stone object. Boulder::Medline methods This section lists the public methods that the Boulder::Medline class makes available. new() # Local fetch via File $ml=new Boulder::Medline(-accessor => 'File', -param => '/data/medline/medline.txt'); The new() method creates a new Boulder::Medline stream on the accessor provided. The only possible accessors is File. If successful, the method returns the stream object. Otherwise it returns undef. new() takes the following arguments: -accessor Name of the accessor to use -param Parameters to pass to the accessor Specify the accessor to use with the -accessor argument. If not specified, it defaults to File. -param is an accessor-specific argument. The possibilities is: For File, the -param argument must point to a string-valued scalar, which will be interpreted as the path to the file to read Medline entries from. get() The get() method is inherited from Boulder::Stream, and simply returns the next parsed Medline Stone, or undef if there is nothing more to fetch. It has the same semantics as the parent class, including the ability to restrict access to certain top-level tags. put() The put() method is inherited from the parent Boulder::Stream class, and will write the passed Stone to standard output in Boulder format. This means that it is currently not possible to write a Boulder::Medline object back into Medline flatfile form. OUTPUT TAGS
The tags returned by the parsing operation are taken from the MEDLARS definition file MEDDOC.DOC Top-Level Tags These are tags that appear at the top level of the parsed Medline entry. ABSTRACT ABSTRACT AUTHOR ADDRESS AUTHOR CALL NUMBER CAS REGISTRY/EC NUMBER CLASS UPDATE DATE COMMENTS COUNTRY DATE OF ENTRY DATE OF PUBLICATION ENGLISH ABSTRACT INDICATOR ENTRY MONTH GENE SYMBOL ID NUMBER INDEXING PRIORITY ISSN ISSUE/PART/SUPPLEMENT JOURNAL SUBSET JOURNAL TITLE CODE LANGUAGE LAST REVISION DATE MACHINE-READABLE IDENTIFIER MeSH HEADING NO-AUTHOR INDICATOR NOT FOR PUBLICATION NUMBER OF REFERENCES PAGINATION PERSONAL NAME AS SUBJECT PUBLICATION TYPE RECORD ORIGINATOR SECONDARY SOURCE ID SPECIAL LIST INDICATOR TITLE TITLE ABBREVIATION TRANSLITERATED/VERNACULAR TITLE UNIQUE IDENTIFIER VOLUME ISSUE Identifier The Medline identifier of this entry. Identifier is a single-value tag. Example: my $identifierNo = $s->Identifier; Title The Medline title for this entry. Example: my $titledef=$s->Title; SEE ALSO
Boulder, Boulder::Blast, Boulder::Genbank AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org>. Luca I.G. Toldo <luca.toldo@merck.de> Copyright (c) 1997 Lincoln D. Stein Copyright (c) 1999 Luca I.G. Toldo This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.10.1 2011-03-05 Boulder::Medline(3pm)