Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Nautilus..launcher!!
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Nautilus..launcher!! Post 302537636 by slotlocker on Friday 8th of July 2011 10:18:36 PM
Old 07-08-2011
Ok!! solved it!! reinstalled the gnome panel!!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic in Nautilus

Well. Again. I have followed all the instructions in the Russian localization HOWTO and I am able to type in Russian and read it correctly in most programs such as Firefox, email and so on. However in the Nautilus file viewer, I get only ________ marks. I've seen some packages for Russian... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Levenson
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help creating a launcher for connecting 2 computers

CentOS 5.3 I have been tasked with a project of simplifying our media process for new staff and I need some help with ideas on how to achieve this. I am not a Linux expert and have only been using it for 12 months so appreciate the help. Stage 1 Currently we are couriered once a month a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clistyles
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a desktop launcher for programs

hi all, i want to create a desktop launcher for multiple programs and save it to everyones users desktop i want to create a launcher panel with multiple icons for programs like firefox, chrome, libre office etc etc and when they click on the disired program it opens up the program is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robertkwild
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nautilus Issue

Good Morning, I have a file in the /.nautilus/thumbnails folder that I am unable to move between two NASs. My script copies it from the Sun machine to a NAS, but the name gets truncated to about 8 characters. The full filename on the Sun SPARC machine is strange:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
1 Replies
gnome-panel(1)							   User Commands						    gnome-panel(1)

NAME
gnome-panel - display the GNOME panel SYNOPSIS
gnome-panel [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME panel displays an area on your screen, which acts as a repository for the main menu, application launchers, and applets. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the GNOME Panel example% gnome-panel EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-panel Executable for GNOME panel ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Working with Panels Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-panel-screenshot(1), gnome-desktop-item-edit(1), libgnome-destkop-2(3), libpanel-applet-2(3), libwnck-1(3), attributes(5), gnome-std- options(5) NOTES
Written by Mark McLoughlin, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2003 gnome-panel(1)