Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Passing a parameter to AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing a parameter to AWK Post 302537630 by jlliagre on Friday 8th of July 2011 08:04:27 PM
Old 07-08-2011
Don't use awk with Solaris. /usr/bin/awk is a legacy binary which is there only to provide compatibility with ancient scripts that might still wander around.

Instead, use either nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter passing

Hallo everyone, This is my problem below: /home/cerebrus/pax=>vat class2.sh ksh: vat: not found /home/cerebrus/pax=>cat class2.sh #!/bin/ksh set -x bdf|grep appsdev|awk '{ print $5 }'> class3 dd={cat class3} echo $dd /home/cerebrus/pax=> /home/cerebrus/pax=>./class2.sh + bdf +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
8 Replies

2. Programming

Passing parameter to makefile?

Hi, How to pass parameter to makefile? Please let me know if any one knows and also please put an example of makefile with this feature. thanks, Manju. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manju_p
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter Passing problem

Hi All, I developed a KSH script which will accept two parameters as input. These two parameters are some directories paths. In the script i am validating the number of paramaters it received as below #-------------------------------------- # Check Command line arguments... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter in sed or awk commands to print for the specific line in a file

Hi, I am trying to print a specific line in a file through sed or awk. The line number will be passed as a parameter from the previous step. My code looks as below. TEMP3=`sed -n '$TEMP2p' $FILEPATH/Log.txt` $TEMP2, I am getting from the previous step which is a numerical value(eg:3). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyasrin82
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error passing parameter in "sub" command in awk

I have to replace the pattern found in one file in another file with null/empty "" if found on the fields 3 or 4 ONLY File 1 ==== 10604747|Mxdef|9999|9999|9999|2012-03-04 00:00:59 10604747|Mcdef|8888|9999|8888|2012-03-04 00:00:59 . . . File 2 ==== 9999 8888 . . . Expected... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter more than 9

Hi, I've written a script where eleven parameter to be passed from command line which is inserting into an oracle table, it is working but the tenth and 11th parameter are not accepting as given it is referring to 1st parameter. HERE IS THE SCRIPT #!/bin/ksh #set -o echo $*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to awk command

Hi, I have a situation where I need to create a SQL statement using Unix script for each value in first field (ID). The file looks like this. Id,TARGET_FIELD_NAME,SOURCE_FIELD_NAME 1,Test_Rate,Field1 1,Test_Factor,Field2 1,Test_Size,Field3 2,Test_Rate,Field4 2,Test_Factor,Field5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranredz
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing shell script parameter value to awk command in side the script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sarita Behera
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop over awk or passing parameter

I wrote this script which works well when I manually input 55518622 and 1 but I need this script to be generic and loop over the following table awk '$4>(55518622-500000) && $4<(55518622+500000)' chr1_GEN2bim | awk 'BEGIN {min=1000000000; max=0;}; {\ if($4<min && $4 != "") min = $4; if($4>max... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fat
8 Replies
Compare(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      Compare(3pm)

NAME
Struct::Compare - Recursive diff for perl structures. SYNOPSIS
use Struct::Compare; my $is_different = compare($ref1, $ref2); DESCRIPTION
Compares two values of any type and structure and returns true if they are the same. It does a deep comparison of the structures, so a hash of a hash of a whatever will be compared correctly. This is especially useful for writing unit tests for your modules! PUBLIC FUNCTIONS
o $bool = compare($var1, $var2) Recursively compares $var1 to $var2, returning false if either structure is different than the other at any point. If both are undefined, it returns true as well, because that is considered equal. BUGS
/NEEDED ENHANCEMENTS o blessed references compare currently does not deal with blessed references. I need to look into how to deal with this. LICENSE
(The MIT License) Copyright (c) 2001 Ryan Davis, Zen Spider Software Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. AUTHOR
Ryan Davis <ryand-cmp@zenspider.com> Zen Spider Software <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/> perl v5.12.4 2011-07-04 Compare(3pm)