Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remotely append crontab over ssh Post 302537473 by xiamin on Friday 8th of July 2011 09:55:56 AM
Old 07-08-2011
Hi

Apologies as i am unable to see a solution to my problem in that link.
My problem is remotely editing crontab over ssh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to remotely connect to server using ssh

Hi, I am trying to run the below command in perl but when the perl script is executed it prompts a error message saying " ssh: <username>: Name or service not known ". Not able to understand this as this command runs perfectly on the server prompt. ` ssh <username>@pus4026dev df -k >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: be2sp1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

using ssh change password remotely?

Is it possible to change the password using a shell script, I want to remotely connect to a computer and then change password without manual intevention. Thanks in Advance Rishi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting windows remotely from unix using SSH

Hi Can someone giv me some knowledge on accesing windows from unix and executing DOS scripts using SSH I would like to know how to go abt it...am new to it. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmis10
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

chown remotely via ssh / invalid group

Hi, i have a problem with a shell script. I need to change the owner and group of a file on a remote machine. I tried to use ssh but have some problems. The code: group=`ssh -t -t $1 -p 3344 "stat -c %G $cpath/FILE"` echo " $2:$group " echo $1 echo $cpath ssh $1 -p 3344 "chown... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linien
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh execute command remotely

Hi all, Today I want to write a script to run the commands remotely. If I run the command as follows: ssh <user>@<ip> 'ls; pwd' it works fine. But when I want to use ssh to set view in clearcase, it will lose the response. as follows ssh <user>@<ip> 'cleartool setview <view_name>; pwd'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon_Qu
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Cant Access Applicatoin GUI Remotely (SSH)

Greetings! Theres an application in my RHEL 6 server that has a GUI (which we'd like to use). When I run the AppGui.sh is says it needs Server X11. I know its gotta do something with X server (and I installed it).I found some tutorial for auto configuration and then I was supposed to access... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

7. Solaris

SSH Remotely

Hello. I am trying to ssh and run a script from a remote computer. These computers will be both Windows and MACs. I am using Solaris 8 and what I have tried is: using putty ssh user@ip_address (remote command) /folder/folder/filename.sh The issue here is that the user profile has not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmtm
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to edit file remotely using ssh

Hi, I am trying to edit the /etc/sudoers file using ksh, however I am unable to do that. Please find the code below: ssh $i "/usr/local/bin/sudo /usr/bin/echo "$user_id ALL=(ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers" I've tried changing the double quotes to single but it is still not working. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to remotely start ssh on Solaris?

Hi everyone, I have a Solaris machine: SunOS 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 After reboot, I can't ssh to this machine. Error message: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused It seems ssh daemon is not running, but I don't have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaiwen Gong
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] running a function remotely using ssh

Hi all. I need a bash script to run a function remotely. I think it should be similar to the following but can't figure out the exact syntax. Here is the script: #!/bin/bash function nu () { for var in {0..5}; do printf "$var, "; done; echo } ssh host "$(typeset -f); nu" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziguy
9 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project