Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting a variable in a while loop (.ksh script) Post 302537397 by funksen on Friday 8th of July 2011 04:24:49 AM
Old 07-08-2011
Code:
IFS="&" ; grep "^${uproc_cible}" yourfile | read  uproc rep_cible liste_rep_sources

this should work, but it's untested

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting a global variable in script

Hi All, I know to set global variable i can use export .. But take the situation like below .. I want to set a variable in one script and access that in second script i have done like this .. It is not working one.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $RISSHI export RISSHI=1 two.sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk in a for loop (getting ksh variable)

Hi, I've tried searching the forums for a case similar to mine but was unsuccessful. This is my first time to use awk so any help would be really appreciated :) I have one file containing data for with the first value in each row being a State Name. I would need to create a separate file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karver
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting ksh environmental variable

Hi, I have problem setting up environmental variables. The idea is to start with main.ksh script that will run setting.ksh, and in side of it I'll set up variables. Please take a look at my code, and help me to find my mistake. Thanks, Mila Main.ksh look like this: #!/usr/bin/ksh #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mefquik
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting Variable in TCL to be understood by KSH Shell

Hi , I am having one TCL TK script , I am setting some variables in the GUI TK interface set DI 1 set MODELS_PATH /a/d/path but I want to make ksh shell understand the variables when I am running TK script I tried to do like this set a but it is not working ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshitij
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variable using shell script

Hi All, I'm trying to write an menu driven program to automate some functions which involve loging to multiple hosts. The hosts can differ for every use, so I thought I would use an config file to get the hostnames. Now I need to set those values in the config file to environment variable to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting a shell script variable in awk

The following is part of a larger shell script grep -v "Col1" my_test.log | grep -v "-" | awk '$5 == "Y" {print $1}' instead of printing, can I set set $1 to a variable that the rest of the shell script can read? if $5 == Y, I want to call another shell script and pass $1 as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a TZ variable in a script

Hello all, I know this must be simple .... but i can't grasp what could be the issue. I'm trying to setup the timezone variable (to the unix command date) according to what i find in a value that i got from parsing the config file. The end result would be setting the log file with this new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick72
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting up env variable in ksh

I am facing a very strange issue. I have script in ksh with #!/bin/ksh as shebang. This script has function which sets the env variable before running other functions of the script. by set_up_env() { CONFIG_FILE="/opt/app/tools/deepmarking/latestVersion/script/UploadEnv" if then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting a variable using variables in a loop

Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with the below code: file=/path/to/file for i in 03 06 07 21; do if ; then eval count$i=`grep -c word $file-$i` fi done Totalcount=0 for i in 03 06 07 21; do if ; then echo $count$i variable not exist; else Tcount=`expr $Tcount + $count$i`; fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brunlea
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loop in ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX. I am working on a script where it takes the input and produces a desired output and it works fine for one instance. Input(One Instance): CREATE TABLE TAB1 ( COL1, COL2 ); CREATE UNIQUE INDEX XPKTAB1 ( COL1 )TAB1; Output: CREATE TABLE TAB1 ( COL1, COL2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun2327
8 Replies
break(1)							   User Commands							  break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)