Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sysdate inside awk print statement Post 302537365 by Peasant on Friday 8th of July 2011 01:53:29 AM
Old 07-08-2011
See if you can use this inside your code :
Code:
awk -v sysdate=$(date "+%Y%d%m") ' { print sysdate } '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside awk '{print $c}'

i'm trying to do this (in bash darwin); echo "give me some words: " read a c=2 # this is get by other ways echo $a | awk '{print $c}' # i want to print the column given # by de $c variable if there is someone understand what i pretend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tártaro
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print argv inside awk

mode=$1 psg telnetd | awk current=`date +%M`'{ printf ("mode is %s",mode) printf ("mode is %s",ARGV) }' at command prompt when i run the script along with the argument i get only-- 'mode is ' argument is not printed.(If the argument is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anteus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print to 2 files in awk if statement

Hi all, I have some code like this awk -F, '{ if ($1==3) print $2 > "output_file" print "1" > "new_file" }' "input_file" When I check output_file this has the correct values in it. However the new_file has 1 in it for every line in the input_file. If the input file has 20 lins then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk inside another awk statement

hi all, i have two files 1) a.txt one two three 2) abc "one" = 10 pqr "three" = 20 345 "two" = 0 this is what i want in third file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't print multiple lines inside awk :(

Hi Friends, I have small issue with following code snippet. I am trying call one function inside awk in which the function inturn will echo few lines. However when i ran script its throwing an error saying "nawk: syntax error at source line 1". #!/bin/sh eval input=$@ while read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shahul
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk print statement for two files

Hello, is there a way to use the awk print statement on two files at once? I would like to take two columns from one file, and one column from another file and print them as consecutive columns to a third file. Seems simple...as in: file 1 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 d 5 e file 2 1 t 2 u... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoHuhn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explanation of print statement - awk

Hi, i'm just after a simple explanation of how the following awk oneliner works. gawk -F"," '{for(i=m;i<=n;i++)printf "%s" OFS,$i; print x}' m=1 n=70 OFS=, input.csv > output.csv In particular i'm trying to understand how the two print statements work? How is the "x" variable being assigned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop inside awk to read and print contents of files

Hello, I have a set of files Xfile0001 - Xfile0021, and the content of this files (one at a time) needs to be printed between some line (lines start with word "Generated") that I am extracting from another file called file7.txt and all the output goes into output.txt. First I tried creating a for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command in inside awk statement

Hello can you please help me with below script which is meant to delete clients from multiple netbackup policies I want to run a command insdie awk statement apparelnlty this script is not working for me for i in $( cat clients_list) do bppllist -byclient $i | awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk statement piped inside sed

Hello folks, I have multiple occurrences of the pattern: ).: where is any digit, in various text context but the pattern is unique as this regex. And I need to turn this decimal fraction into an integer (corresponding percent value: the range of 0-100). What I'm doing is: cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roussine
1 Replies
Test::Exit(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Exit(3pm)

NAME
Test::Exit - Test that some code calls exit() without terminating testing VERSION
version 0.03 SYNOPSIS
use Test::More tests => 4; use Test::Exit; exits_ok { exit 1; } "exiting exits" never_exits_ok { print "Hi!"; } "not exiting doesn't exit" exits_zero { exit 0; } "exited with success" exits_nonzero { exit 42; } "exited with failure" DESCRIPTION
Test::Exit provides some simple tools for testing that code does or does not call "exit()", while stopping code that does exit at the point of the "exit()". Currently it does so by means of exceptions, so it will not function properly if the code under test calls "exit()" inside of an "eval" block or string. The only criterion tested is that the supplied code does or does not call "exit()". If the code throws an exception, the exception will be propagated and you will have to call it yourself. "die()"ing is not exiting for the purpose of these tests. exits_ok Tests that the supplied code calls "exit()" at some point. exits_nonzero Tests that the supplied code calls "exit()" with a nonzero value. exits_zero Tests that the supplied code calls "exit()" with a zero (successful) value. never_exits_ok Tests that the supplied code completes without calling "exit()". AUTHOR
Andrew Rodland <andrew@hbslabs.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2009 by HBS Labs, LLC.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-04 Test::Exit(3pm)