Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script - Excel/CSV file - More than one tab Post 302537347 by ace_friends22 on Thursday 7th of July 2011 11:51:41 PM
Old 07-08-2011
Hi Kamaraj,

Can you please guide me how to install it? I am working at client side and i do not want to create any issue after executing the above command.

i need information as where can i execute it? any special folder?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing excel file through shell script

Hi, I am having a business file in excel having charts based on data already present on it. I would like to add new rows after the existing data and refesh the chart on it using shell script. For example-- In excel file in "sheet1", There is some data in first 10 rows ( from column A to F).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a excel file to a .csv file from unix script

Hi I have a excel file in unix machine and have to convert it into a .csv file.I have to do this from a unix script.How do we do this? Thanks Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert MS Excel file to Tab limiter file in UNIX

Hi, We have a couple of ms excel files in unix server.We need convert the excel files to files TAB limiter format file with using unix script. Could you please advise on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read excel file using shell script

Is it possible to read an excel sheet using shell script ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for converting file to Excel or CSV

Hi I have a dat file which has "n" number of columns. The file is delimited. The number of columns keep varying as the file is generated out of DB queries. Could you please help me in writing a script which will generate a XLS or CSV file out of the dat file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vee
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script?

Hi, i have shell script which compiles n number of test cases and execute them one by one. i want to create report in excel through script in which two columns namely "test id" and "release".second column have two subcolumns namely compiles and excutes. so i want first column should display test... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab to excel sheet with shell script

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Excel File (xls) to tab delimited text file on AIX

Hi i have a problem in my job i try to convert an excel file (xls extention) to text file (tab delimited), but no result with this comand cat xxx.xls > xxx.txt Do you have eny idea? PS: sorry for my english Thanks!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frisso
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble reading from a tab delimited excel file

So I have a file1.txt that is tab delimited: e.g. FIELD1 FIELD2 FIELD3 FIELD4 FIELD5 9545641 123 "Neighbor and Labrador,Canada" 54895 'CANADA' 9456465 456 "Neighbor and Labrador,Canada" 54893 'CANADA' 8746512 789 "Neighbor and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan139
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies
BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-csvinfo.cgi - CGI program to show host information from a CSV file SYNOPSIS
bb-csvinfo.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-csvinfo.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-csvinfo.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it searches a comma- separated file for the matching host, and presents the information found as a table. bb-csvinfo.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: key (string to search for, typically hostname) column (columnnumber to search - default 0) db (name of the CSV database file in $BBHOME/etc/, default hostinfo.csv) delimiter (delimiter character for columns, default semi-colon) CSV files are easily created from e.g. spreadsheets, by exporting them in CSV format. You should have one host per line, with the first line containing the column headings. Despite their name, the default delimiter for CSV files is the semi-colon - if you need a different delimiter, invoke bb-csvinfo.cgi with the "delimiter=<character>" in the query string. Example usage This example shows how you can use the bb-csvinfo CGI. It assumes you have a CSV-formatted file with information about the hosts stored as $BBHOME/etc/hostinfo.csv, and the hostname is in the first column of the file. Use with the bbgen --docurl The --docurl option to bbgen(1) sets up all of the hostnames on your Xymon webpages to act as links to a CGI script. To invoke the bb-csvinfo CGI script, run bbgen with the option --docurl=/cgi-bin/bb-csvinfo.sh?db=hostinfo.csv&key=%s SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), bbgen(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)