Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 7z crashes system
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat 7z crashes system Post 302537010 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 10:56:02 PM
Old 07-06-2011
ps should never segfault. Period. IS this an ancient version? 9 or something earlier?

Did you load up a bunch of system utilities from the HPUX Porting Centre?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

gethostnameby_r crashes

Hello all, I'm trying to use gethostbyname_r function with 6 arguments in one of my functions. But the call to this crashes the program. Kindly help me in resolving this... Compiler Info: Linux target: i686-hardhat-linux version: 3.3.1 The following is the piece of code I'm trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajans
1 Replies

2. Programming

C++ program crashes

Hi, Could anyone tell me the reason why the following program crashes? class A { int x; public: A() { cout << "from A()" << endl; } ~A() { cout << "from ~A()" << endl; } }; class B : public A { public: B() { cout << "from B()"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

KDE Konsole crashes (solved)

Hello The KDE konsole crashed after I changed the font size to 64. And It crashes every time when started. How can I get it back? Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:48 AM ---------- solved, I finally find the config file called consolerc. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vic005
0 Replies

4. SuSE

Chromium flashes and crashes

I am running openSUSE 11.2 with KDE4.5 on my eMachines e525. I just did a "zypper up" on my system and it reported that Chromium was going to be updated. I agreed and the when the update was finished I shut down Chromium and started it again. It flickered on the screen for a moment and crashed.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Server crashes when not in use.

Production server crashes when there is no traffic on it. Can only recover by going to ALOM and reboot the server. This seems to happen about the same time every month. The only good thing is the server is not in production at the time of the crash. I have been unable to locate any information in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeentech
5 Replies

6. Fedora

System Crashes at Midnight with Timer Expired 35 1048688 scs_op C8C521B0 Error, Any Idea's

We've been having issues for about a year, although thankfully they are in-frequent and randam. Meaning it happened a couple of times within a 3 month period, then stopped for a couple of months and then started again. It has happened twice now in the last month. At the stroke of midnight, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graybeard
5 Replies

7. Programming

C++ program crashes

Hi, Can anyone tell me why the below program is crashing? and where exactly it is crashing. What is the corrective measure to be taken to make it work fine? #include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; class CString { char* m_data; public: CString() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl/TK script crashes in MainLoop

I am running a perl/tk function that suddenly crashes in MainLoop. The gui just disappears and an X error is thrown when the code tries to update the non-existent GUI. Any suggestions to debug the root cause which destroys the mw gui? -D- <block name> : <block_name> - 1 -D- row_column_id... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob.pepple
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Apcupsd crashes

I am trying to run apcupsd, but it will not retain contact the UPS root@meow:/home/ethan/UPS/gapcmon-0.8.9# /etc/init.d/apcupsd start Starting UPS power management: A copy of the daemon is still running. If you just stopped it, please wait about 5 seconds for it to shut down.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

10. Web Development

Apache2 Crashes

The Apache server suddenly stops. I am running Debian Jessie Here are some diagnostics: root@meow:/var/www# apachectl configtest AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
4 Replies
RESTART_SYSCALL(2)					     Linux Programmer's Manual						RESTART_SYSCALL(2)

NAME
restart_syscall - restart a system call after interruption by a stop signal SYNOPSIS
int restart_syscall(void); Note: There is no glibc wrapper for this system call; see NOTES. DESCRIPTION
The restart_syscall() system call is used to restart certain system calls after a process that was stopped by a signal (e.g., SIGSTOP or SIGTSTP) is later resumed after receiving a SIGCONT signal. This system call is designed only for internal use by the kernel. restart_syscall() is used for restarting only those system calls that, when restarted, should adjust their time-related parameters--namely poll(2) (since Linux 2.6.24), nanosleep(2) (since Linux 2.6), clock_nanosleep(2) (since Linux 2.6), and futex(2), when employed with the FUTEX_WAIT (since Linux 2.6.22) and FUTEX_WAIT_BITSET (since Linux 2.6.31) operations. restart_syscall() restarts the interrupted system call with a time argument that is suitably adjusted to account for the time that has already elapsed (including the time where the process was stopped by a signal). Without the restart_syscall() mechanism, restarting these system calls would not correctly deduct the already elapsed time when the process continued execution. RETURN VALUE
The return value of restart_syscall() is the return value of whatever system call is being restarted. ERRORS
errno is set as per the errors for whatever system call is being restarted by restart_syscall(). VERSIONS
The restart_syscall() system call is present since Linux 2.6. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. NOTES
There is no glibc wrapper for this system call, because it is intended for use only by the kernel and should never be called by applica- tions. The kernel uses restart_syscall() to ensure that when a system call is restarted after a process has been stopped by a signal and then resumed by SIGCONT, then the time that the process spent in the stopped state is counted against the timeout interval specified in the original system call. In the case of system calls that take a timeout argument and automatically restart after a stop signal plus SIGCONT, but which do not have the restart_syscall(2) mechanism built in, then, after the process resumes execution, the time that the process spent in the stop state is not counted against the timeout value. Notable examples of system calls that suffer this problem are ppoll(2), select(2), and pselect(2). From user space, the operation of restart_syscall() is largely invisible: to the process that made the system call that is restarted, it appears as though that system call executed and returned in the usual fashion. SEE ALSO
sigaction(2), sigreturn(2), signal(7) Linux 2014-12-31 RESTART_SYSCALL(2)