Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing issue while reading excel having 3000 record Post 302536982 by premp26 on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 06:52:01 PM
Old 07-06-2011
Parsing issue while reading excel having 3000 record

Hi
Need urgent help

Last edited by premp26; 08-29-2011 at 02:11 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing a variable length record

I need to pick a field out of a variable record - the field is always found 4 fields after a certain text string, but it can be on any line of the record and in any position across the record on a line. I have had no luck through any of the Unix editors being able to cut a field that isn't always... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barb
17 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Reading and Writing from Excel using Unix scripting

Hi All, I want to read and write into Excel files. I want my script to generate the required output directly in the Excel format. Is it possible through unix scripting or shall I have to use some other language for this purpose? Waiting for your suggestion. Thanks in Advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshishK
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading data from excel using shell script

Hi all I am new to shell scripting. I need to write a shell script that reads each row of an USER_ID colume in a excel file. the excel has around 10000 rows of data. Can someone gives me some example or advice what's best way to do this thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing out records from one huge record

Hi, I have one huge record and know that each record in the file is 550 bytes long. How do I parse out individual records from the single huge record. Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwrynz1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing records from one record

Hi, I got a file which is one huge record. I know each record should be 550 bytes long. How do I parse out the records from the one huge record. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bwrynz1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Skip parsing the header record - Awk

Guys.... Got a scenario in which I need to skip parsing the header record while I do an awk. Does awk has the flexibility to accomplish this?. If so, how do we do this?. Thanks !!! -Anduzzi :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent<parsing data from a excel file>

Hi all, I wud like to get ur assistance in retrieving lines containing l1.My excel dataset contains around 8000 lines.I converted it into a text tab delimiter file and got the lines containing l1,My output is a list of lines containing l1 saved in a outfile.Some of d lines from my outfile s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayee
5 Replies

8. Programming

Excel reading on Linux using Java

Hi, I have a requirement where users will send excel(.xls) file to Linux Platform using ftp/sftp. After that the excel file needs to be read using java on linux and converted into csv. I am using jxl to parse the excel, but few character like £ are not getting parsed properly. If i open the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_bt
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Reading Excel sheet isssue

There is a perl scriptwhich will read Excel sheet and create one file(.v) . Excel sheet::: A B C D 1 cpu_dailog 2 3 4 Perl will create the file(.v) like thsi ::: assert (cpu_dailog_iso ==2) ; assert (cpu_dailog_reset ==3); assert (cpu_dailog_idle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naaj_ila
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific range of columns in an Excel file

Hi All, I want to read an excel file. PFA excel, I want to read the cloumn from A to G and the V to AH starting from Row number 3. Please help me on this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
7 Replies
Parsing(3)							   OCaml library							Parsing(3)

NAME
Parsing - The run-time library for parsers generated by ocamlyacc. Module Module Parsing Documentation Module Parsing : sig end The run-time library for parsers generated by ocamlyacc . val symbol_start : unit -> int symbol_start and Parsing.symbol_end are to be called in the action part of a grammar rule only. They return the offset of the string that matches the left-hand side of the rule: symbol_start() returns the offset of the first character; symbol_end() returns the offset after the last character. The first character in a file is at offset 0. val symbol_end : unit -> int See Parsing.symbol_start . val rhs_start : int -> int Same as Parsing.symbol_start and Parsing.symbol_end , but return the offset of the string matching the n th item on the right-hand side of the rule, where n is the integer parameter to rhs_start and rhs_end . n is 1 for the leftmost item. val rhs_end : int -> int See Parsing.rhs_start . val symbol_start_pos : unit -> Lexing.position Same as symbol_start , but return a position instead of an offset. val symbol_end_pos : unit -> Lexing.position Same as symbol_end , but return a position instead of an offset. val rhs_start_pos : int -> Lexing.position Same as rhs_start , but return a position instead of an offset. val rhs_end_pos : int -> Lexing.position Same as rhs_end , but return a position instead of an offset. val clear_parser : unit -> unit Empty the parser stack. Call it just after a parsing function has returned, to remove all pointers from the parser stack to structures that were built by semantic actions during parsing. This is optional, but lowers the memory requirements of the programs. exception Parse_error Raised when a parser encounters a syntax error. Can also be raised from the action part of a grammar rule, to initiate error recovery. val set_trace : bool -> bool Control debugging support for ocamlyacc -generated parsers. After Parsing.set_trace true , the pushdown automaton that executes the parsers prints a trace of its actions (reading a token, shifting a state, reducing by a rule) on standard output. Parsing.set_trace false turns this debugging trace off. The boolean returned is the previous state of the trace flag. Since 3.11.0 OCamldoc 2014-06-09 Parsing(3)