Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner Post 302536938 by bartus11 on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 02:30:36 PM
Old 07-06-2011
Try:
Code:
awk '{gsub("[^a-zA-Z]ISA[^a-zA-Z]","\n&")}1' file

and
Code:
awk '{sub("^[^a-zA-Z]ISA","ISA")}1' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/perl one-liner assist

In a ~4GB file there are lines like, 13.13.4.3 Googe.com - Jan/23/2011:00:00:00 +0000 "URL Google HTTP/1.1" 45 56 208 - "http://www.gogle.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=nw#hl=en&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=667&q=hello&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&fp=c432485467934a89" ".Net; Fox" - 13.145.3.3 Goge.com -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple-line search and replace one-liner

Hi I am trying to search and replace a multi line pattern in a php file using awk. The pattern starts with <div id="navbar"> and ends with </div> and spans over an unknown number of lines. I need the command to be a one liner. I use the "record separator" like this : awk -v... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Multiple search patterns & print in an one liner

I would like to print result of multiple search pattern invoked from an one liner. The code looks like this but won't work gawk -F '{{if ($0 ~ /pattern1/) pat1=$1 && if ($0 ~ /pattern2/) pat2=$2} ; print pat1, pat2}' Can anybody help getting the right code? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove last 4 characters with non-unique pattern.

Hi, I'm writing a ksh script and trying to use an awk / sed / or perl one-liner to remove the last 4 characters of a line in a file if it begins with a period. Here is the contents of the file... the column in which I want to remove the last 4 characters is the last column. ($6 in awk). I've... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Awk with One-liner Perl

can someone help me translate the following command, from: /usr/bin/awk "/^$TOFDAYM $TOFDAYD /,0" $LOGFILE to something like perl -e ..... basically, i want to use perl to do awk functions within a shell script. i want to do the above awk, using perl. any suggestions? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One liner pattern search with awk/sed/grep

I have an array containing bunch of characters. I have to check this array for specific character and if "Not Found than" use a goto statement to go to USAGE set options = (A B C D E F) @ i = 0 while ($i <= ${#options}) if ($options != "F" || $options != "D") then goto USAGE endif @... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixits
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace awk with a perl one liner (REGEXP and FS)

hello, I want to replace awk with a perl one liner in unix. i use in awk REGEX and FS ( field separator) because awk syntaxes in different unix os versions have not the same behaviour. Awk, Nawk and GNU Awk Cheat Sheet - good coders code, great reuse i have a file named "file" and want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl one liner to replace text

Not quite a unix question but problem in a perl command. Taking a chance if someone knows about the error cat 1 a b c d perl -p -e 's/a/b/g' 1 b b c d What is the problem here?? perl -p -i -e 's/a/b/g' 1 Can't remove 1: Text file busy, skipping file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What awk 1-liner will replace value in 1stField of a delimited file with the value of '5' ?

Hi, I am a newbie to awk. Here is my problem. Looking for an awk 1-liner to solve it: My Computing Environment: - Solaris10 - I prefer to use csh or sh shells 1. Lets say my input file is File1.dat (delimter = | ) and looks as follows: (File1.dat) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andy b
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL one liner

hi, I am using PERL one liner for oracle database connection as : $PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:SID user passwd));" is there a way to append select statement to this connection ? i.e. DB connection and select stmt in one line ? how to do sysdba connection using one lines... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)