Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To select only column starting with a particular value Post 302536889 by selvankj on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 12:07:37 PM
Old 07-06-2011
Thank you...That worked perfectly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

select a column

I've a file like this: andrea andre@lol.com october antonio@lol.com marco 45247@pop.com kk@pop.com may pollo@lol.com mary mary@lol.com can I select only the column with email adress? can I utilise a filter with @ ? I want obtain this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfreale
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

select first column of file

Hi, Following is my file output 247 Sleep 25439 NULL 259 Sleep 25460 NULL 277 Sleep 15274 NULL 361 Sleep 2 NULL 362 Sleep 202 NULL I want to select only first column to other file How can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select and edit on a particular column?

How can I use awk to pick a particular column and work on it? For example, I want to count the number of characters in column10 that are separated by |? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivpz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL select all but not if it is already in an other column

I know I know.. for sure one of the easier mysql statements. But somehow I can not figure out this. I expect to see all distinct items of 'data_12' where 'kwroot' has 'straxx' in, and in the same row 'data_12' ist (not = 'kwsearched' in any existing row) data_12 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to select according to the second column..!!

the input is : 6298 | anna | chennai | 7/4/08 3981 | dastan | bagh | 8/2/07 6187 | galma | london | 9/5/01 3728 | gonna | kol | 8/2/10 3987 | hogja | mumbai | 8/5/09 2898 | homy | pune | 7/4/09 9167 | tamina | ny | 8/3/10 4617 | vazir | ny now how to get the following output : 3987 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
4 Replies

6. Programming

select value from 'value' column if the Value2 is having a particular value.

Two columns are there in a table Value and Value2.I need to select a desired value from 'value' column if the Value2 is having a particular value. Ex. Table has values ---------------------------- Value Value2 ---------------------------- 1 GOD ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameboy87
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

select last column

Hi! From a file the format of whichis as in the sample here below, I need to get two files having just 2 columns, being - for the first file - the 2nd than the 1st from the original file; and - for the second file - the LAST then the 1st column of the original file. Moreover, I would sort the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select record having different value in second column

I want records which have more than one and different value in the second column on the below sample file. Ex, I have the samle file below :- XYZ 1 XYZ 3 abc 1 abc 1 qwe 2 qwe 1 qwe 3 I want to select XYZ and QWE line only. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev Yadav
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SELECT and wrapping to next column

Hi all, Am trying to write a menu driven script using SELECT and if I have more than 4 options, it wraps to the next column. That is if I have 6 choices, items 5 and 6 are in the second column. Is there any settings that control this behavior or is it due to some stty settings? stty -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select only the lines of a file starting with a field which is matcing a list. awk?

Hello I have a large file1 which has many events like "2014010420" and following lines under each event that start with text . It has this form: 2014010420 num --- --- num .... NTE num num --- num... EFA num num --- num ... LASW num num --- num... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
9 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)