Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Connect Oracle using shell script at run time Post 302536829 by kritibalu on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 10:27:46 AM
Old 07-06-2011
Connect Oracle using shell script at run time

Hi all,

I am a newbie.....am jus trying to connect to oracle thro a script, but not thro giving the username/password@server_name directly like
`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus username/password@server_name
In the above line, once it is connected to Oracle, it shud ask me the username and password (during run time)......how can i do that.....

Thanks in advance Smilie Smilie Smilie
kriti Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script from oracle store procedure

hi, this is urgent..can i run a shell script from store procedure without using java. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arnabb4u
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run oracle query remotly with shell script

hello how to run shell script to excute oracle queries on remote db ? i have tried as following sqlplus -s user/password@remote_server "select query;" but not working also this one sqlplus -s user/password@remote_server `select query;` not working :( i add this line to run another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

run shell script connecting to oracle from crontab

Hi, I have problems with running shell script connecting to Oracle from the crontab. Here is the script: #!/sbin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/10g/ export ORACLE_HOME if then echo "Source path is not specified" exit fi /opt/oracle/10g/bin/sqlplus user/pass@testdb << EOF truncate table... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to oracle db using shell script

Hi, I want to connect to oracle db using unix shell script. And i want to retrieve data from db through shell script. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks, J.P. Das (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotidas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a shell Script to connect to oracle instance

Please help me in writing a shell script which connects to a Oracle instance and tables to get the required information...:wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dpu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to connect to the oracle database

Hi Unix Gurus, I have a requirement to write a script, Oracle DB gets referesh every 6hrs, hence we need write a script to connect to the database , if it connects it should generate a file to proceed the next job application or when an error when connectiong to DB it should not generate any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bshivali
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to Oracle database using shell script?

Hi All, I am newbie to unix shell scripting. I want to connect to oracle database using shell script. I know how to connect DB using user name and password but my question is if my password is having '@' sign then how to connect. I have tried like below, cnt=`sqlplus -s /nolog << EOFSQL ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmotewar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Connect to Teradata and Run in Shell Script?

Hi Master, I need to create dan run script in linux to get data from teradata I did this ---------- Post updated at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:25 AM ---------- LOG_DIR="/home/"; OUTDIR="/home/"; SCRIPT_NAME=“test"; DUMPFILE="${OUTDIR}${SCRIPT_NAME}"_"$(date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell Script to run in given time

Hi All, Would like to write a Script which will run between 11am to 3 pm and send the results to output.txt. Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to connect to Oracle server from shell script

Hi, I am facing an issue in connecting to database from Linux shell script. Here is my code export ORACLE_BASE=xxx export ORACLE_SID=xxx export ORACLE_HOME=xxxx DB_PATH=xxx/'yyy@yy' UserId=`sqlplus -s $DB_PATH <<EOF set head off feedback off select max(USER_ID)+1 from USERS;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvi
6 Replies
libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3) 				  libssh2 manual				   libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_userauth_password_ex - authenticate a session with username and password SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_userauth_password_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *username, unsigned int username_len, const char *password, unsigned int password_len, LIBSSH2_PASSWD_CHANGEREQ_FUNC((*passwd_change_cb))); #define libssh2_userauth_password(session, username, password) libssh2_userauth_password_ex((session), (username), strlen(username), (password), strlen(password), NULL) DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) username - Name of user to attempt plain password authentication for. username_len - Length of username parameter. password - Password to use for authenticating username. password_len - Length of password parameter. passwd_change_cb - If the host accepts authentication but requests that the password be changed, this callback will be issued. If no call- back is defined, but server required password change, authentication will fail. Attempt basic password authentication. Note that many SSH servers which appear to support ordinary password authentication actually have it disabled and use Keyboard Interactive authentication (routed via PAM or another authentication backed) instead. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
Some of the errors this function may return include: LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_PASSWORD_EXPIRED - IBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED - failed, invalid username/password or public/private key. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)