Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Magic numbers '&' operator problem Post 302536655 by segmentation on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 03:36:29 AM
Old 07-06-2011
I choose a=0x22 and b=0x32.
In C they match but in magic test not matched. When we think like C language it is similar to not equal but it does not work every time. I am implementing filetype detection in erlang so I need functionalities of magic operators.I still have problem with ^ operator. Smilie

Edit:
The problem is solved.
At least one 0 bit should be placed in the test file instead of corresponding 1 bits in magic file.

Thank you very much for your helps.

Last edited by segmentation; 07-06-2011 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: Problem Solved

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem about c++ new operator

#include <iostream.h> class test { private: int i; public: inline test(int m) { i = m; } inline int get_i() { return i; } }; int main() { test * a = new test(2); (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in if using && operator

VARIABLE="project" if && ] then echo "VARIABLE is not empty" fi this is not working what is wrong in the syntax?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem unary operator expected

I get the following error ./get_NE05: line 42: while do echo ${STRING_NAME} J=1 if ; then EXT=0$I else EXT=$I fi while do echo $I-$J #calculating last occurrence OCCURRENCE=`grep -io "${STRING_NAME}"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris magic number problem

Hello, When I boot up my ancient SUNOS 5 system. it stops at the OK prompt and complains about a bad magic number. I have told that I need run fsck but I cannot seem to do so from the OK prompt. How can I get into a diagnostic mode so I can run fsck? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with pipe operator

hi i am having issues with extra pipe. i have a data file and i need to remove the extra pipe in the(example 4th and 7thline) in datafile. there are many other line and filed like this which i need to remove from files. The sample data is below: 270 31|455004|24/03/2010|0001235|72 271... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative to && operator

"Both cases have to be true for the expression to evaluate "true". is that not so. the following code does a read from a txt file, an then suppose to do the deletion ,but although the condition exists, its not performing the deletion && echo "\n\t Deleting printer ${prt} !!!" if !... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Magic numbers string/B problem

Hello, In manpage magic(5) " The “B” flag compacts whitespace in the target, which must contain at least one whitespace character. If the magic has n consecutive blanks, the target needs at least n consecutive blanks to match. The “b” flag treats every blank in the target as an optional... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: segmentation
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Platform - NDM Script - && Operator

Hi All, I have a requirement where i need to NDM 3 files from LINUX to Mainframe system & trigger a job in mainframe once the 3 files are transmitted successfully. I am getting an error message in the && operator (the code component where i am checking whether step 1/2/3 are completed). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies
File::MimeInfo::Rox(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  File::MimeInfo::Rox(3pm)

NAME
File::MimeInfo::Rox - Open files by mimetype "Rox style" SYNOPSIS
use File::MimeInfo::Magic; use File::MimeInfo::Rox qw/:magic/; # open some file with the apropriate program mime_system($somefile); # more verbose version my $mt = mimetype($somefile) || die "Could not find mimetype for $somefile "; mime_system($somefile, $mt) || die "No program to open $somefile available "; DESCRIPTION
This module tries to mimic the behaviour of the rox file browser <http://rox.sf.net> when "opening" data files. It determines the mime type and searches in rox's "Choices" directories for a program to handle that mimetype. See the rox documentation for an extensive discussion of this mechanism. EXPORT
The methods "mime_exec" and "mime_system" are exported, if you use the export tag ":magic" you get the same methods but File::MimeInfo::Magic will be used for mimetype lookup. ENVIRONMENT
The environment variable "CHOICESPATH" is used when searching for rox's config dirs. It defaults to "$ENV{HOME}/Choices:/usr/local/share/Choices:/usr/share/Choices" METHODS
"mime_system($file)" "mime_system($file, $mimetype, @_)" Try to open $file with the appropriate program for files of it's mimetype. You can use $mimetype to force the mimetype. Also if you allready know the mimetype it saves a lot of time to just tell it. If either the mimetype couldn't be determinated or no appropriate program could be found "undef" is returned. If the actual system failes an exception is raised. All remaining arguments are passed on to the handler. "mime_exec($file)" "mime_exec($file, $mimetype, @_)" Like "mime_system()" but uses exec instead of system, so it never returns if successful. "suggest_script_name($mimetype)" Returns the list "($dir, $file)" for the suggested place to write new script files (or symlinks) for mimetype $mimetype. The suggested dir doesn't need to exist. BUGS
Please mail the author when you encounter any bugs. AUTHOR
Jaap Karssenberg <pardus@cpan.org> Copyright (c) 2003, 2012 Jaap G Karssenberg. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::MimeInfo, File::MimeInfo::Magic, <http://rox.sourceforce.net> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-05 File::MimeInfo::Rox(3pm)