Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple command execution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple command execution Post 302536599 by gaur84 on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 01:25:48 AM
Old 07-06-2011
vi f1;vi f2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

Parallel Execution on Multiple System

Hi All, I am working on a project where I need to execute set of arguments (around 500) on a Simulator. If I execute this on one linux (RedHat 8.0) machine it will approximately takes 2~3 days. Since I am having more linux machines am thinking of executing these on different machines in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123an
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

multiple commands execution

Hi i have 3 sql scripts that need to be executed simultaneously, and independent of one another, how do i do that in Unix AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yschd
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Automatic execution of commands in multiple servers using single script.

Hi, I've to do a simple job many times whenever it has been asked, just i've to log in to all of fourtien HP servers and i've to execute ps -fu user > temp cat temp|sendmail "xyz@z.com" commands to send the statics of all of 14 servers over the mail to particular user id.. Though logging... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED : Replace whole line on multiple execution

Hi, I am have one file with a line group=project_live I need to replace it with line group=project_live_support before I execute some application related script. The potentianl problem is when I replace this with sed using command sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Interval cron issue with order of execution

55,0 5,6 * * * myScript This cron task will execute on 5:00AM, 5:55AM, 6:00AM and 6:55AM. Is there any possibility to make it run only in the order specified such as 5:55AM and 6:00AM (basically only on the 2 intervals) ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers

So I have a scriptlet called solaris_command: for i in \ server1 server2 server3 do echo $i ssh $i $1 echo "" done I then use that as a command in multiple scripts to allow for data gathering for all virtual hosts in the environment thusly: solaris_command "cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem in running multiple scripts

hi all, I have 3 individual scripts to perform the task . 2nd script should run only after the 1st script and 3rd script must run only after first 2 scripts are executed successfully. i want to have a single script that calls all this 3 scripts .this single script should execute the 2nd script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies
APPLY(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  APPLY(1)

NAME
apply -- apply a command to a set of arguments SYNOPSIS
apply [-a c] [-d] [-#] command argument ... DESCRIPTION
The apply utility runs the named command on each argument argument in turn. Character sequences of the form ``%d'' in command, where 'd' is a digit from 1 to 9, are replaced by the d'th following unused argument. In this case, the largest digit number of arguments are discarded for each execution of command. The options are as follows: -# Normally arguments are taken singly; the optional number -# specifies the number of arguments to be passed to command. If the number is zero, command is run, without arguments, once for each argument. If any sequences of ``%d'' occur in command, the -# option is ignored. -a c The use of the character '%' as a magic character may be changed with the -a option. -d Display the commands that would have been executed, but do not actually execute them. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable affects the execution of apply: SHELL Pathname of shell to use. If this variable is not defined, the Bourne shell is used. EXAMPLES
apply echo a* is similar to ls(1); apply -2 cmp a1 b1 a2 b2 a3 b3 compares the `a' files to the `b' files; apply -0 who 1 2 3 4 5 runs who(1) 5 times; and apply 'ln %1 /usr/joe' * links all files in the current directory to the directory /usr/joe. FILES
/bin/sh default shell AUTHORS
Rob Pike BUGS
Shell metacharacters in command may have bizarre effects; it is best to enclose complicated commands in single quotes (''). HISTORY
The apply command appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
April 4, 1994 BSD