Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Python 3.1 TypeError explanation needed Post 302536565 by jelloir on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 09:39:48 PM
Old 07-05-2011
Python 3.1 TypeError explanation needed

Could someone explain why Python 3.1 errors out below? Do I need an additional module that's not required in 3.2 perhaps? I need to use 3.1 as it's the version available on a server I am using.

Code:
Python 3.2.1rc1 (default, May 18 2011, 11:01:17) 
[GCC 4.6.1 20110507 (prerelease)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import sys
>>> import os
>>> import configparser
>>> config = configparser.ConfigParser()
>>> config.read('/tmp/mugsyback.ini')
['/tmp/mugsyback.ini']
>>> backup_sources = sorted(config.sections()[1:])
>>> for section in backup_sources:
...     item = config[section]
>>> item
<Section: 2>
>>>

Code:
Python 3.1.3 (r313:86834, Nov 28 2010, 10:01:07) 
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import sys
>>> import os
>>> import configparser
>>> config = configparser.ConfigParser()
>>> config.read('/tmp/mugsyback.ini')
['/tmp/mugsyback.ini']
>>> backup_sources = sorted(config.sections()[1:])
>>> for section in backup_sources:
...     item = config[section]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 2, in <module>
TypeError: 'ConfigParser' object is not subscriptable

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command explanation needed

Hi, Could you please explain me the below statement -- phrase wise. sed -e :a -e '$q;N;'$cnt',$D;ba' abc.txt > xyz.txt if suppose $cnt contains value: 10 it copies last 9 lines of abc.txt to xyz.txt why it is copying last 9 rather than 10. and also what is ba and $D over there in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: subbukns
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exec explanation needed

Hello! I want to read a file line by line and have each line in a variable. I have found the following code. #!/bin/bash exec 3< data while read <&3 do echo "The number is $REPLY" a.out "$REPLY" done exec 3>&- I don't understand the use of exec and its arguments, though having read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: myle
3 Replies

3. Solaris

showrev output explanation needed

hi this is the output of showrev command from my sun blade 150 machine. bash-3.00# showrev Hostname: u15_9 Hostid: 83685284 Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems Domain: sun.com Kernel version: SunOS 5.10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explanation Needed

Hi all, I'm very new to UNIX. I have got a coding, where i dont understand the below part. Could someone please explain it in detail? awk 'NR > 1; NR == 1 { S = $0 } END { print S }' $textfile.bak > $textfile could someone explain what awk 'NR > 1; NR == 1 { S = $0 } END { print S }' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghulshekar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep - Explanation needed.

grep -E '^(++){5}5000' <file_name> this command searches value 5000 in only 6th column from provided file where pipe ( | )is delimiter which separate columns... can some one plz explain me what '^(++){5}5000' actually does..? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Killer420
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little explanation needed on array

I had gone through..google search.....and unix user post.......where I found so many ways of accessing files..... suppose if I am having 4 files, each file is having 3 columns, and I want to use each field of each column, then how can I use it.. how can I create array for each file's each column,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dona Clara
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Value Too Great for Base Error, Explanation and Workout needed

Hey Friends, its me again! :o I was asked to create a script that would go into our backup directories and delete/purge anything in the directory after a certain amount of days, normally I would be able to write something up that goes to the directory finds it and deletes it. cd... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
12 Replies

8. Programming

Help needed to Spawn Shell on Python and Continue Execution

def gob(url): print "\n\t Running gobuster on target." params = " -e -s '307,200,204,301,302' -t 20 -u " + url + " >> /tmp/%s/gobuster.txt" % (ip) os.system("xterm -e bash -c "tail -f /tmp/%/gobuster.txt"") for i in bflist: dirbf = "gobuster -w " + i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Explanation for Scripts Inner Workings Needed

#!/bin/bash n=$l; typeset -a v x=$(< input.dat) check(){ if; then sed 's/Test/Proc/g' file.sh >fl.sh else exit 13 fi } check $n while ; do x=`expr $x -l` v=$x done less fi.sh l>/dev/null&& echo yes || exit 1 echo v= ${v } exit 0 I have file.sh and input.dat in the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bananasprite
3 Replies

10. Programming

Python : Problem with " TypeError: float() argument must be a string or a number "

Hello ! I'm creating a CGI which allow to display graph from some data. The datas looks like : 2020-01-13-00-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-06-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-12-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-13-18-00,384.00,350.00 2020-01-14-00-00,384.00,350.00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tim2424
1 Replies
NICOTINE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       NICOTINE(1)

NAME
nicotine-import-winconfig - import configuration from the Windows soulseek client SYNOPSIS
nicotine-import-winconfig [OPTIONS] old-config-file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nicotine-import-winconfig command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. nicotine-import-winconfig is a program to import your queue, user list, password information, auto-joined chatrooms, banlist, and user information from the Windows SoulSeek configuration. USAGE
A typical invocation would be : nicotine-import-winconfig "/mnt/win9x/Program Files/SoulSeek" The program should be run when nicotine is not running. It will add the information (download queue, userlist, password info, etc.) to the existing configuration or write a new configuration from scratch when no configuration exists. FILES
$HOME/.nicotine/config The per-user configuration file for nicotine(1) will be overwritten. You might want to back up the file first, but it should not be necessary. A different config file can be chosen using the --config flag. configfile-userinfo.ext In case there's an image included in the Windows SoulSeek userinfo, the image will be extracted and written to that file, where con- figfile is the path to your nicotine configuration file, and ext is the appropriate file extension for the image type. OPTIONS
When you don't want to import all configuration options, you can choose what to import using command line flags. -c file | --config=file Use a non-default nicotine configuration file to write to. -q | --queue Import the queue. -u | --userlist Import the userlist. -l | --login Import the login information. -C | --chatrooms Import the list of autojoined chatrooms. -b | --banned Import the list of banned users. -i | --userinfo Import the user information and the image. -h | --help Print the summary of command line options and exit. TIPS
It is possible to share the download directory between platforms. Nicotine can even continue downloads that started using the Windows client. Of course, the download directories should be the same for nicotine and Windows, e.g. if your Windows sharing directory is F:slsk_in and your F drive is mounted on /mnt/media, then you must set your download directory to /mnt/media/slsk_in. SEE ALSO
nicotine(1). AUTHOR
Geert Kloosterman <geertk@ai.rug.nl>, 2003. August 25, 2003 NICOTINE(1)