Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Magic numbers '&' operator problem Post 302536545 by Perderabo on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 05:41:27 PM
Old 07-05-2011
Xor is a bitwise operator:
0^0=0
0^1=1
1^0=1
1^1=0

If you have multiple 1 bits it is no longer a simple test.
Code:
0xd3 = 11010011
0xb1 = 10110001
       --------
0x62 = 01100010

It's not real obvious why you would do that. But the result is a match. Do you know C language? If so it is like:
Code:
a=0xd3;
b=0xb1;
if (a ^ b)   printf("match\n");

Make them both 0xb1 and the test will fail.
Code:
$
$ cat /tmp/mymagic
0 byte ^0xb1 filedetected
$ od -tx1 /tmp/x
0000000 b1 0a
$ file -m /tmp/mymagic /tmp/x
/tmp/x: ISO-8859 text
$

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem about c++ new operator

#include <iostream.h> class test { private: int i; public: inline test(int m) { i = m; } inline int get_i() { return i; } }; int main() { test * a = new test(2); (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in if using && operator

VARIABLE="project" if && ] then echo "VARIABLE is not empty" fi this is not working what is wrong in the syntax?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem unary operator expected

I get the following error ./get_NE05: line 42: while do echo ${STRING_NAME} J=1 if ; then EXT=0$I else EXT=$I fi while do echo $I-$J #calculating last occurrence OCCURRENCE=`grep -io "${STRING_NAME}"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris magic number problem

Hello, When I boot up my ancient SUNOS 5 system. it stops at the OK prompt and complains about a bad magic number. I have told that I need run fsck but I cannot seem to do so from the OK prompt. How can I get into a diagnostic mode so I can run fsck? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with pipe operator

hi i am having issues with extra pipe. i have a data file and i need to remove the extra pipe in the(example 4th and 7thline) in datafile. there are many other line and filed like this which i need to remove from files. The sample data is below: 270 31|455004|24/03/2010|0001235|72 271... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative to && operator

"Both cases have to be true for the expression to evaluate "true". is that not so. the following code does a read from a txt file, an then suppose to do the deletion ,but although the condition exists, its not performing the deletion && echo "\n\t Deleting printer ${prt} !!!" if !... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write If statement using && and operator in Unix

Hi What is the syntax for if statement using && and || operator? if && ] || here its giving me an error to this if statement any suggestion?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Magic numbers string/B problem

Hello, In manpage magic(5) " The “B” flag compacts whitespace in the target, which must contain at least one whitespace character. If the magic has n consecutive blanks, the target needs at least n consecutive blanks to match. The “b” flag treats every blank in the target as an optional... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: segmentation
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Platform - NDM Script - && Operator

Hi All, I have a requirement where i need to NDM 3 files from LINUX to Mainframe system & trigger a job in mainframe once the 3 files are transmitted successfully. I am getting an error message in the && operator (the code component where i am checking whether step 1/2/3 are completed). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies
DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)						 1						  DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)

debug_print_backtrace - Prints a backtrace

SYNOPSIS
void debug_print_backtrace ([int $options], [int $limit]) DESCRIPTION
debug_print_backtrace(3) prints a PHP backtrace. It prints the function calls, included/required files and eval(3)ed stuff. PARAMETERS
o $options - As of 5.3.6, this parameter is a bitmask for the following options: debug_print_backtrace(3) options +----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ |DEBUG_BACKTRACE_IGNORE_ARGS | | | | | | | Whether or not to omit the "args" index, and | | | thus all the function/method arguments, to save | | | memory. | | | | +----------------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $limit - As of 5.4.0, this parameter can be used to limit the number of stack frames printed. By default ($limit= 0) it prints all stack frames. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. CHANGELOG
+--------+-----------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | Added the optional parameter $limit. | | | | | 5.3.6 | | | | | | | Added the optional parameter $options. | | | | +--------+-----------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 debug_print_backtrace(3) example <?php // include.php file function a() { b(); } function b() { c(); } function c(){ debug_print_backtrace(); } a(); ?> <?php // test.php file // this is the file you should run include 'include.php'; ?> The above example will output something similar to: #0 c() called at [/tmp/include.php:10] #1 b() called at [/tmp/include.php:6] #2 a() called at [/tmp/include.php:17] #3 include(/tmp/include.php) called at [/tmp/test.php:3] SEE ALSO
debug_backtrace(3). PHP Documentation Group DEBUG_PRINT_BACKTRACE(3)