Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet Post 302536416 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 10:31:34 AM
Old 07-05-2011
I am confused. You mention rlogin and telnet. You need to describe your particular situation more precisely if you want people to be able to quickly assist you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How would I telnet & change user password automatically in a script

I would like to create a script that logs into a list of several servers 50+ and changes my password all at once. Every 60 days we are required to login to each system and change our passwords or else they expire and our login account is deleted. I have an idea on how I could do this but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet login

I am having a problem logging into my SUN box. When i telnet to the box, i dont get as far as the login/password bit - instead i have the following appear on my screen: telnetd: could not grant slave pty Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Ta Rich (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: colesy
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unable to login at console and telnet

Hi friend, I'm facing a problem to access the console and telnet to the HP ux 11 server due to the system file is full. How to access this server via single mode and how to mount the folder / and folder /var? thanks. vestro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestro
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet login patch

Hello Everybody: I want to make a patch that telnet me directly to a specific IP with the specidied username and password. I tried the following : ------------------------------------------ telnet 10.11.161.10 user pass ---------------------------------------------------- but didnt log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Am not able to login as a root User with telnet

Hi to All, I have configured telnet service in my server but am not able to login with root user in Linux Servers. For that what can i do ? Please help me Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

telnet banner message before login

why I didn't set /etc/inetd.conf telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd \ telnetd -b /etc/issue only telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/lbin/telnetd in /etc/ineted.conf but when I telnet my HPUX machine it shows those message HP-UX hp1008 B.11.31 U ia64 (tb) login: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

telnet login successful ,but ssh can not login

why I can login by telnet using root account but when i use login by ssh using root account it is not successful ,is it different password i am sure ssh service is started (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Console Login and Telnet

Hopefully my question makes sense, but I was wondering if the telnet service has anything to do with console logins or if they are completely unrelated. So for example, does the /etc/default/login file in UNIX have anything to do with Telnet? So if I want to verify that the root user can't login... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ixauditor
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to automate telnet login

i have to connect windows server from one of the unix box so i am using telnet and below is my following code #!/bin/sh host=hostname log=loginid port=23 pass=password cmd1=mkdir test1234 ( echo open ${host} ${port} sleep 1 echo ${log} sleep 3 echo "\r\n" sleep 3 echo ${pass}... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandan.p
11 Replies
cconsole(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      cconsole(1M)

NAME
cconsole , crlogin, cssh, ctelnet - multi window, multi machine, remote console, login, ssh, and telnet commands SYNOPSIS
$CLUSTER_HOME/bin/cconsole [-s] [ -l username] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/crlogin [-l username] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/cssh [-l username] [-p ssh-port] [clustername... | nodename...] $CLUSTER_HOME/bin/ctelnet [clustername... | nodename...] DESCRIPTION
These utilities initiate a multiple window connection to a set of specified hosts. There are three variations: one that is specifically intended for remote console access while the others provide remote logins using rlogin, ssh, or telnet. Each utility starts a host window for each of the specified hosts, as well as a common window. Input directed into the common window is sent to each of these host windows. This tool is useful for system administration tasks that require similar things to be done on each of several hosts. For tasks that are identical on all hosts, typing in the common window sends the characters to all of the hosts. However, the host windows are normal terminal windows so they can also be used one at a time (by moving the mouse into one of them and typing directly into it) to perform host specific tasks. The common window also allows the user to select which hosts receive the characters typed in the common window, so only the specified hosts will receive input. These utilities use entries in two different databases, /etc/clusters and /etc/serialports. cconsole The cconsole command provides remote console access through the telnet command. All normal telnet escape characters are available to the user. See the telnet(1) man page for a complete listing of telnet escape characters. Because there are a few telnet escapes that are com- monly used, they are provided here as well. The escape character is Control-], specified below as ^]. ^] quit Quit the session. Analogous to ~. in tip and rlogin. ^] send brk Send a break signal to the remote system. This is what is needed to halt the Sun CPU. The normal key board sequence is "L1-A." crlogin The crlogin utility provides remote login through the rlogin command to multiple cluster nodes. cssh The cssh utility establishes Secure Shell connections directly to the cluster nodes through the ssh command. ctelnet The ctelnet utility is similar to cconsole except that the connection is directly over the Internet. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l username Specifies the user name for the ssh connection. This option is passed to the cconsole, crlogin, or cssh utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The ctelnet utility ignores this option. If the -l option is not specified, the user name that launched the CCP is effective. -p ssh-port Specifies the Secure Shell port number to use. This option is passed to the cssh utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The cconsole, crlogin, and ctelnet utilities ignore this option, If the -p option is not specified, the default port number 22 is used for secure connections. -s Specifies using Secure Shell connections to node consoles instead of telnet connections. This option is passed to the cconsole utility when the utility is launched from the CCP. The crlogin, cssh, and ctelnet utilities ignore this option. If the -s option is not specified, the cconsole utility uses telnet connections to the consoles. To override the -s option, deselect the Use SSH checkbox in the Options menu of the cconsole graphical user interface (GUI). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of these utilities: CLUSTER_HOME Location of Sun Cluster System tools. Defaults to /opt/SUNWcluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWccon | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), ssh(1), telnet(1), tip(1), ccp(1M), chosts(1M), cports(1M), clusters(4), serialports(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The standard set of X Window System command line arguments are accepted. Sun Cluster 3.2 8 Sep 2007 cconsole(1M)