Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX/SQL loop to spool files!! Post 302536391 by vbe on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 09:04:55 AM
Old 07-05-2011
Would it not be easier using PL-SQL ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

SQL Spool equivalent command in DOS

This question maybe in the wrong category but I'm posting here due to urgency. In DOS is there a command to perform a similar function to spool command in SQL or Script command in UNIX? I want to print all command line output to a file but I don't want to use the echo command for each line. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix-Sql Loop error

Hi, I am getting the error "No matching <<", when i run the below. Is it that we can't execute SQL in a Unix loop. I am executing a SQL in a loop. Is it the EOF is written wrongly. . /opt/app/wlsconfigv61/domains/profiles/oracleV901.profile export DBUSER=ecdb01 set -A DBINSTANCE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manu_byc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help shell script to loop through files update ctl file to be sql loaded

I am currently trying to find a way to loop through files in a given directory and for each file modify a ctl file and sql load it. I have been using the sed command to change the infile, badfile parameters of the control file. I have not yet tried to sql load it. Requirement: files are ftp to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_nh
1 Replies

4. Programming

Single sql query to spool to multiple files

Is there anyway to spool my select statement into spool files of max 10000 records each? eg I have a select statement that will return 45000 records. A normal spool command will output the 45000 into just one spool file. How can I make sqlplus do this? 00001 - 10000 records --- spool... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling n number of SQL files in loop

Trying to compile all SQL files using a shell script. But the below code is not working. Below Code works fine when for loop is not there(commenting line no: 1,2 and 9). 1. sq_lfile=`ls *.sql` 2. for current_sql_file in $sql_file 3. do 4. sqlplus uname/pass@Service>>SQLLOG << -ENDOFSQL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename dynamically in SPOOL of SQL*PLUS in shell script

Hi all, I am executing shell script in which I am using SQLLDR In this SQLLDR I am passing text file having PL/SQL script. This script will produce some formated output, this output I have to spool in another text file. Currently I have given this in script file as following Spool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL*PLUS Spool Output

Hi, Im writing a script to run a bit of sql(via sqlplus) that pulls back some data and spools it to a file, I want the spool file to only display the data, with no sql command at the top and no reports at the bottom ie(# of records recieved). I am currently doing it via a grep command but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Magezy
1 Replies

8. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append date to sql*plus spool (log) file in shell script

SQL*Plus version : 11.2.0.4 OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 SQL*Plus is a client application to connect to oracle database. The log file for this tool is generated via spool command as shown below. I am trying to append date ( $dateString ) to spool file as shown below. $ cat test2.sh #!/bin/bash... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use for loop to execute multiple .sql files while using SQLPLUS for db connection.?

Hello , Im calling every single file inside my script like 1.sql,2.sql so on it looks so tedious. I want to replace with for loop where every file gets executed. When i use for loop im getting errorUnexpected EOF] , can anyone please help me out in this.. How i can use for loop to invoke my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
6 Replies
SQL::Statement::Term(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SQL::Statement::Term(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Statement::Term - base class for all terms SYNOPSIS
# create a term with an SQL::Statement object as owner my $term = SQL::Statement::Term->new( $owner ); # access the value of that term $term->value( $eval ); DESCRIPTION
SQL::Statement::Term is an abstract base class providing the interface for all terms. INHERITANCE
SQL::Statement::Term METHODS
new Instantiates new term and stores a weak reference to the owner. value Abstract method which will return the value of the term. Must be overridden by derived classes. DESTROY Destroys the term and undefines the weak reference to the owner. NAME
SQL::Statement::ConstantTerm - term for constant values SYNOPSIS
# create a term with an SQL::Statement object as owner my $term = SQL::Statement::ConstantTerm->new( $owner, 'foo' ); # access the value of that term - returns 'foo' $term->value( $eval ); DESCRIPTION
SQL::Statement::ConstantTerm implements a term which will always return the same constant value. INHERITANCE
SQL::Statement::ConstantTerm ISA SQL::Statement::Term METHODS
new Instantiates new term and stores the constant to deliver and a weak reference to the owner. value Returns the specified constant. NAME
SQL::Statement::ColumnValue - term for column values SYNOPSIS
# create a term with an SQL::Statement object as owner my $term = SQL::Statement::ColumnValue->new( $owner, 'id' ); # access the value of that term - returns the value of the column 'id' # of the currently active row in $eval $term->value( $eval ); DESCRIPTION
SQL::Statement::ColumnValue implements a term which will return the specified column of the active row. INHERITANCE
SQL::Statement::ColumnValue ISA SQL::Statement::Term METHODS
new Instantiates new term and stores the column name to deliver and a weak reference to the owner. value Returns the specified column value. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009,2010 by Jens Rehsack: rehsackATcpan.org All rights reserved. You may distribute this module under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.10.1 2011-02-01 SQL::Statement::Term(3pm)