Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert sql output to csv file via bash tools Post 302536347 by kvok on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 07:02:28 AM
Old 07-05-2011
Convert sql output to csv file via bash tools

hi

Can anybody help me with converting such structure into csv file for windows :

Code:
BAT_ID       ID_num   CVS_LINE                A_SEG     SKILL_TO         A_CUSTOMER_TYPE
--------- ---------- --------------------------------- ---------- ------------------ ----------- 
14-MAY-11   777752   trw@aol.us                         3        write               35235

I need to convert it in solaris (bash tools tr or awk or sed ) and it will be opened in windows

thanks

thnaks

Last edited by pludi; 07-05-2011 at 08:08 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to convert CSV to SQL

I am trying to write a script to convert csv files into SQL format. What I am missing is: 1. handling of the first row and create it as a insert into format 2. better handling of any other row, and create a line with the data. *The while read line needs a better work. I thought of using awk. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script's output to a CSV file

I need to call and execute an SQL script within a KSH script and get the output/extracted data into a CSV file. Is there any way to get the out put in a CSV file other than spooling ? I tried spooling. Problem is if there is any wrning/comment/Error they all will be spooled into the csv file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert sql file to csv file

How to convert name.sql file into name.csv file. Basically my input source file is .sql file, I need to verify data after the import of that exported sql file. Thanks for any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wamqemail2
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
XML2(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   XML2(1)

NAME
xml2 - convert xml documents in a flat format 2xml - convert flat format into xml html2 - convert html documents in a flat format 2html - convert flat format into html csv2 - convert csv files in a flat format 2csv - convert flat format into csv SYNOPSIS
<xml2|2xml|html2|2html|csv2|2csv> > outfile < infile DESCRIPTION
There are six tools. Except csv2 and and 2csv they don't take any command-line arguments. They are all simple filters which can be used to read files from standard input in one format and output it to standard output in another format. The flat format used by the tools is specific to these tools. It is a syntax for representing structured markup in a way that makes it easy to process with line-oriented tools. The same format is used for HTML and XML; in fact, you can think of html2 as converting HTML to XHTML and running xml2 on the result; likewise 2html and 2xml. (Of course, this isn't how the implementation works.) SEE ALSO
This program does normally not include any documentation in form of manpages. However it has a real excellent documentation online with a lot of example. In fact this manpage was based on this documentation. Please find it on: http://dan.egnor.name/xml2/ref Examples can be found here: http://dan.egnor.name/xml2/examples AUTHOR
xml2 was written by Dan Egnor. This manpage was written by Patrick Schoenfeld <schoenfeld@in-medias-res.com> for the Debian project, but may be used by others under the same terms as xml2 is distributed. BUGS
Bugs can be reported through the Debian Bug tracking system. 7h february 2008 XML2(1)