Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert sql output to csv file via bash tools Post 302536347 by kvok on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 07:02:28 AM
Old 07-05-2011
Convert sql output to csv file via bash tools

hi

Can anybody help me with converting such structure into csv file for windows :

Code:
BAT_ID       ID_num   CVS_LINE                A_SEG     SKILL_TO         A_CUSTOMER_TYPE
--------- ---------- --------------------------------- ---------- ------------------ ----------- 
14-MAY-11   777752   trw@aol.us                         3        write               35235

I need to convert it in solaris (bash tools tr or awk or sed ) and it will be opened in windows

thanks

thnaks

Last edited by pludi; 07-05-2011 at 08:08 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to convert CSV to SQL

I am trying to write a script to convert csv files into SQL format. What I am missing is: 1. handling of the first row and create it as a insert into format 2. better handling of any other row, and create a line with the data. *The while read line needs a better work. I thought of using awk. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script's output to a CSV file

I need to call and execute an SQL script within a KSH script and get the output/extracted data into a CSV file. Is there any way to get the out put in a CSV file other than spooling ? I tried spooling. Problem is if there is any wrning/comment/Error they all will be spooled into the csv file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a CSV file and generate SQL output

Friends, This is what I need: I will pass a CSV file as an input, and I want my shell to be reading that CSV file, and based on the parameters it should generate SQLs and write those SQL in a different file in the same location. I'm new to Shell scripting. I'm currently working on a... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram.Math
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert sql file to csv file

How to convert name.sql file into name.csv file. Basically my input source file is .sql file, I need to verify data after the import of that exported sql file. Thanks for any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wamqemail2
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
py_xls2csv(1)						      General Commands Manual						     py_xls2csv(1)

NAME
py_xls2csv - convert an Excel xls file to a comma separated value csv file SYNOPSIS
py_xls2csv input-file DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. py_xls2csv takes an Excel xls file as an argument and converts it to a comma separated value csv file. Output is sent to stdout. Additional utility scripts can be found in the tools/ directory. OPTIONS
This program does not take any command line options. AUTHOR
pyexcelerator and py_xls2csv were written by Roman V. Kiseliov <roman@kiseliov.ru>. This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. SEE-ALSO pyexcelerator(1), py_xls2txt(1), py_xls2html(1) October 12, 2006 py_xls2csv(1)