Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with procedure and parameters in a script Post 302536315 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 05:21:13 AM
Old 07-05-2011
Code:
man getopts

Running the following
Code:
#! /bin/bash  
while getopts "abc:n" opt; do    
    case $opt in
         a )   a="true";;
         b )   b="true";;
         c )   c=$OPTARG;;
         n )   n="true";;
    esac 
done  
shift $(($OPTIND - 1)) # remove all options from the argument array
echo "a is $a 
b is $b 
c is $c 
n is $n 
remaining args are $*";

returns
Code:
~$ ./test.sh -abc setting -n  filename otherfile directory 
a is true 
b is true 
c is setting 
n is true 
remaining args are filename otherfile directory

Last edited by Skrynesaver; 07-05-2011 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: formatting chaos
This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Starting a script from a Database procedure

Hey guys, I have this problem : I can run on an sqlprompt !ftp_file2.ksh test.xml 172.16.204.81 Anonymous Anonymous which will ftp the file from Unix to an NT machine, but if I do exec shell('sh ftp_file2.ksh test.xml 172.16.204.81 Anonymous Anonymous') it does NOTHING. I have no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidireporting
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB2 stored procedure (with input parameters) from script

I have a db2 stored procedure on my database which require 3 parameters, I have the following db2 command in a sql script CONNECT TO SAMPLE; CALL BACKUP(INPUT_1, INPUT_2, INPUT3); Usually, I would just invoke this sql script from my shell script like below db2 -tf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters form unix to Oracle procedure

Hi, I have screen which was desined in PL/SQL Catridges in apps. In that screen some enterable fields these values r the passing parameters to create value sets, functions, menus etc in apps by using front end screens. Now in that screen i have a button. when i click that button it have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekharamy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling procedure from script

Hi All, My script will call a storedprocedure #!/bin/bash # # Script for ........... . ../conf/setting.env # Environment file to set the DATABASE #TODAY=`date '+%Y%m%d_%H'` #echo TODAY = $TODAY sqlplus -s $DATABASE <<EOF spool $TRACKING_LOGDIR/CalcFreqPgsVues_H.log exec... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scorpio
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting proper o/p from a procedure in a script

foll. is my code snippet. #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE CHAR; BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / SET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Procedure from shell script..

Hello, I created a sql file to create a Procedure, and it was successfully created. I created a sql file to execute the procedure, and it did without any errors, but i dont see the data been updated. The Execute procedure.sql script is: BEGIN set serveroutput on size 1000000 execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get OUT parameter of a stored procedure in shell script?

I am invoking a SQL script from shell script. This SQL script will invoke a stored procedure(which has the OUT parameter). I want to have the OUT parameter in the shell script as a variable. Is this possible? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing procedure using script

Hi, I want to have a automted script to exceute 20 procedures one by one. Suppose below is one procedure once it get executed script will write "PL/SQL procedure successfully completed." to a log for ex- exec dbms_stats.gather_table_stats(); Now later procedure starts executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub script calling procedure

Hi, I have a doubt regarding how sub scripts will be executed and interested to know internal workflow, For example - My main script is A,it calls a script B then B will call some C....and so on. Then B script run parallel to A or it will wait B to execute then A will continue. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why i can't execute the procedure in shell script?

i have the following code inside a shell script .prog in oracle server when i call the program DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(x_return_status|| ln_rep_req_id); will return 0 , it is very strange , i try to submit the concurrent request in oracle , and it can successfully executed, what am i missing ? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feilhk
1 Replies
ns_sched(3aolserver)					    AOLserver Built-In Commands 				      ns_sched(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ns_after, ns_cancel, ns_pause, ns_resume, ns_schedule_daily, ns_schedule_proc, ns_schedule_weekly, ns_unschedule_proc - commands SYNOPSIS
ns_after seconds {script | procname ?args?} ns_cancel id ns_pause id ns_resume id ns_schedule_daily ?-thread? ?-once? hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_proc ?-thread? ?-once? interval {script | procname ?args?} ns_schedule_weekly ?-thread? ?-once? day hour minute {script | procname ?args?} ns_unschedule_proc id _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
ns_after run the specified script or procedure after the specified number of seconds ns_after returns an id which can be used with the ns_pause, ns_cancel and ns_resume apis. ns_cancel stops the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if unscheduled 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be unscheduled ns_pause pauses the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if paused, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be paused ns_resume resumes the scheduled running of the id returned by an ns_after returns 1 if resumed, 0 if the script of procedure couldn't be resumed ns_schedule_daily ns_schedule_daily runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a day at the time specified by hour and minute. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_daily returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_proc ns_schedule_proc runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) at an interval specified by interval. The interval is the number of seconds between runs of the script. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_proc returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_schedule_weekly ns_schedule_weekly runs the specified Tcl script or procedure (procname) once a week on the day specified by day and the time speci- fied by hour and minute. The day can be from 0 to 6, where 0 represents Sunday. The hour can be from 0 to 23, and the minute can be from 0 to 59. Specify -thread if you want a thread created to run the procedure. This will allow the scheduler to continue with other scheduled procedures. Specifying -thread is appropriate in situations where the script will not return immediately, such as when the script performs network activity. Specify -once if you want the script to run only one time. The default is that the script will be re-scheduled after each time it is run. ns_schedule_weekly returns an id number for the scheduled procedure that is needed to stop the scheduled procedure with ns_unsched- ule_proc. ns_unschedule_proc id ns_unschedule_proc stops a scheduled procedure from executing anymore. The scheduled procedure to be stopped is identified by its id, which was returned by the ns_schedule* function that was used to schedule the procedure. EXAMPLES
ns_after ns_cancel ns_pause ns_resume This example illustrates a web interface used to manage jobs. Depending on the action provided a job can be created, cancelled, paused or resumed. set action [ns_queryget action] set job [ns_queryget job] switch $action { create { set job [ns_after 10 [ns_queryget script]] ns_puts "Job created with id: $job" } cancel { if {[ns_cancel $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job cancelled" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not cancelled" } } pause { if {[ns_pause $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job paused" } else { ns_puts "Job $job not paused } } resume { if {[ns_resume $job]} { ns_puts "Job $job resumed" } else { ns_puts "Job $job couldn't be resumed" } } default { ns_puts "Invalid action $action" } } ns_schedule_daily This example defines a script called rolllog that uses ns_accesslog to roll the access log to a file with an extension containing the current date. The ns_schedule_daily function is used to execute the rolllog script on a daily basis. # Script to roll and rcp log file to host "grinder" proc rolllog {} { set suffix [ns_strftime "%y-%m-%d"] set new [ns_accesslog file].$suffix ns_accesslog roll $new exec rcp $new grinder:/logs/[file tail $new] } # Schedule "rolllog" to run at 3:30 am each morning ns_schedule_daily -thread 3 30 rolllog ns_schedule_proc proc dosomething blah { ns_log Notice "proc with arg '$blah'" } ns_schedule_proc 10 dosomething $arg1 SEE ALSO
KEYWORDS
schedule pause resume unschedule cancel after AOLserver 4.0 ns_sched(3aolserver)