Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sh_history file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sh_history file Post 302536299 by big123456 on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 04:11:04 AM
Old 07-05-2011
sh_history file

Hi,

I'm on a linux machine. But I see that sh_history is not updated since february 15. How is it possible ?

Thank you.
Code:
uname -a
Linux MYSERVER 2.6.18-194.11.3.el5PAE #1 SMP Mon Aug 23 15:57:10 EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

ls -al
-rw-------  1 oracle dba    3644 fév 15 09:28 .sh_history

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create .sh_history file

Thanks PxT answered my "compare two files"question very quick and neat!!:-) I have a question about .history file I couldn't find any satisfied answer from book. 1. This file was created automatically when you set up user's environment or you have to use a command to create it or you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.sh_history contains the list of past commands

hi, .sh_history keeps a list of past commands that we entered. but it has a limit and where do we set this limit. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.sh_history file

Hi Friends, We are currently 5 people using same Unix login-id on different terminals, .sh_history file contains list of commands typed by all 5 peoples(commands history) with the below list : $tail .sh_history ls -ltr pwd cd .. ls -ltr clear cd temp more kk.lst Now my question... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clarification on .cshrc,.exrc,.login,.profile,.sh_history files

All, I had a request to delete filed under a directory that was 35 days old . And they asked me to scedule it in CRON . I have done that . I have use find and delete with mtime to perfrom this task . But my script is not deleting this .cshrc,.exrc,.login,.profile,.sh_history file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

5. AIX

history .sh_history sh_history

hi what's the difference between .sh_history and sh_history for root user? thanks itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. AIX

timestamp in .sh_history using ksh shell

Hello Everyone: Does anyone know how I will setup my account to put timestamp in my .sh_history? I do not hold the root account. I am using AIX 5 and ksh shell. I tried every solution I can find in the internet but nothing seems to work OR I am just applying those in the wrong way. Anyone knows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orbix
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Incoherence between finger and .sh_history

Hello, I've a script that verifies users connections. This is the check part do NEVER=$(finger $USER | grep -i Never) if then NAME=$(finger $USER | grep -i "In real life" | sed -e 's/^.*life: //') echo $USER $NAME >> never_logged #" "$NEVER fi done that for a specific... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

8. AIX

Looking at .sh_history file.

I reviewed a couple old post where shockneck posted the use of the EXTENDED_HISTORY=ON variable to place a timestamp in the .sh_history file when using ksh and using the fc -t command to read the .sh_history file. The fc command reads my history file. As an admin I would like to be able to read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
5 Replies

9. AIX

Problem in Emailing all .sh_history entries

Hi, I can't get all the enties of AIX .sh_history in email. only first entry of the history is emailed after executing the below code. mail -s "History `date +%d-%m-%Y`" myemail@xyz.com <$HOME/.sh_history Can anyone help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
PMLOAD(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						PMLOAD(1p)

NAME
pmload - show what files a given module loads at compile time DESCRIPTION
Given an argument of a module name, show all the files that are loaded directly or indirectly when the module is used at compile-time. EXAMPLES
$ pmload IO::Handle /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Exporter.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Carp.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/strict.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/vars.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/IO/Handle.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/Symbol.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/IO/File.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/SelectSaver.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/Fcntl.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/AutoLoader.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/IO.pm /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux/IO/Seekable.pm $ cat `pmload IO::Socket` | wc -l 4015 $ oldperl -S pmload Tk /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Pretty.pm /usr/lib/perl5/Symbol.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Frame.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Toplevel.pm /usr/lib/perl5/strict.pm /usr/lib/perl5/Exporter.pm /usr/lib/perl5/vars.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/Tk/Wm/autosplit.ix /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/Tk/Widget/autosplit.ix /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk.pm /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/Tk/Frame/autosplit.ix /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/Tk/Toplevel/autosplit.ix /usr/lib/perl5/Carp.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/auto/Tk/autosplit.ix /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/CmdLine.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/MainWindow.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Submethods.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Configure.pm /usr/lib/perl5/AutoLoader.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Derived.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Image.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Wm.pm /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Tk/Widget.pm NOTE
If the programmers used a delayed "require", those files won't show up. Furthermore, this doesn't show all possible files that get opened, just those that those up in %INC. Most systems have a way to trace system calls. You can use this to find the real answer. First, get a baseline with no modules loaded. $ strace perl -e 1 2>&1 | perl -nle '/^open("(.*?)".* = [^-]/ && print $1' /etc/ld.so.cache /lib/libnsl.so.1 /lib/libdb.so.2 /lib/libdl.so.2 /lib/libm.so.6 /lib/libc.so.6 /lib/libcrypt.so.1 /dev/null $ strace perl -e 1 2>&1 | grep -c '^open.*= [^-]' 8 Now add module loads and see what you get: $ strace perl -MIO::Socket -e 1 2>&1 | grep -c '^open.*= [^-]' 24 $ strace perl -MTk -e 1 2>&1 | grep -c '^open.*= [^-]' 35 SEE ALSO
Devel::Loaded, plxload(1). AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PMLOAD(1p)