Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass) Post 302536233 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 4th of July 2011 05:31:07 PM
Old 07-04-2011
system booted up in "single user mode". login to your system and check for errors...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forget root password of unixware system

Hello all i forgot the root password of my unixware 2.0 server . How can i get it back or put a NEW one .Please help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_v_u
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

How to reset root password of old Unix System V

Hi all, This is first time I met unix in my life. I purchased old Scanning Elecron Microscope which came with 486/33MHz PC running Unix System V, ver. 3.6. The one simple user name/passw is known so I can boot and login. But can not shutdown! It asks root or su passw. I'm very sensitive not to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 82026
6 Replies

3. Solaris

can't bypass password authentication

I can able to SFTP from my web server unix to apps server unix end. but the other way from APPS server to Web server is still asking me the password. I have done same procedure both side. still i am having same problem. Any one help on this. thanks, regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are standard root password control applications?

According to security guide i came across term as "standard root password control application " I have no imformation over what are such applications how to implement them? Any guidance will be appreciated. It was also suggested to audit root login .How would i go about it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reset AIX root password without shutting down the system

Hi All, I'm stuck in a severe problem here , Someone have changed the root password and he cannot remember it and there is no other user privileged user on the system , But I do have access to a non privileged user. On the top of the system an application which requires a theoretical ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to bypass the password field

Hello all Im trying to write a script that can get past the "enter password" field.Coming to the details, Im planning to write a script that can actually check for the validity of certificates in websphere. There is a utility "keytool" that helps provide this information.However if we want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NCR UNIX system v/386 release 4 recover root password

we have NCR 3455 system from long time as attached all information for server (images) , so we need your help to assist us to get root password which lost it , really we appreciate your efforts if you can send us the procedure for resting the administrator (root) password which this server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: univoip
0 Replies
AFPPASSWD(1)						      General Commands Manual						      AFPPASSWD(1)

NAME
afppasswd - netatalk password maintenance utility SYNOPSIS
afppasswd [ -acfn ] [ -p passwd file ] [ -u minimum uid ] DESCRIPTION
afppasswd allows the maintenance of afppasswd files created by netatalk for use by some User Authentication Modules (UAMs) afppasswd can either be called by root with parameters, or can be called by local system users with no parameters to change their pass- words. EXAMPLE
Local user changing their own password: example% afppasswd Enter NEW AFP password: (hidden) Enter NEW AFP password again: (hidden) afppasswd: updated password. OPTIONS
-a Add a new user to the afppasswd file. -c Create and/or initialize afppasswd file or specific user. -f Force the current action. -p path Path to afppasswd file. -n If cracklib support is built into netatalk this option will cause cracklib checking to be disabled, if the superuser does not want to have the password run against the cracklib dictionary. -u minimum uid This is the minimum user id (uid) that afppasswd will use when creating users. SEE ALSO
afpd(8), atalkd(8). netatalk 1.5 03 Aug 2000 AFPPASSWD(1)