Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy files from subdir
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy files from subdir Post 302536172 by Eclecticaa on Monday 4th of July 2011 09:59:19 AM
Old 07-04-2011
Copy files from subdir

Hey,

How can I copy files from subdirectories without copy the subdir
and copy it to a higher dir

For example:

/home/test/subdir/file1

copy file1 to /home or another dir

thanx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding patterns through out all subdir

Hi all experts, here is a problem which i would appreciate ur expertise. I need to do this: Eg. Find a number: 1234567 which i dunno which file and which folder I do know which main folder it is in but it is hidden deep within a lot of subdir. Is it possible to find the file? + output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unnerdy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir"

Dear friends, please tell me how to find the files which are existing in the current directory, but it sholud not search in the sub directories.. it is like this, current directory contains file1, file2, file3, dir1, dir2 and dir1 conatins file4, file5 and dir2 contains file6,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

move files and retain subdir structure

hi: I have some files like this folder1/recording1.mp3 folder1/docs/budget.doc folder2/others/misc.mp3 folder3/others/notes.doc all this folders and files are under the mp3 folder. I would like to move just the mp3s to another folder but retain the subdir structure i have. So if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep in subdir, multiple files

Hi, I m trying to have script to grep a pattern in all files under a directory. I use Sun Solaris, the below want doesnt do exactly what I want. find /home/xxx/ tagHeu | while read FILE; do grep text $FILE && echo 1 grep text $FILE || echo 0 done I also tried running: find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3rro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving dir subdir and files

I have created a directory structure and under the directory subdirectories and files are there.I need to move the entire thing to another path.How can i write a script to do that. currently the path of files is as below : /data1/serial/mcycle/archive : under this path differnt sub dir exist ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace string in multiple files, dir and subdir

Hello, I have a directory www with multiple directories. Every directory has site name with .htm, .html, .php files or sub directories with .htm, .php, .html file as example - www - sitename 1 - site 1 - sitename 2 - sitename 3 What I'm looking for is a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyjill
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Script to move files to subdir depending on file extension.

Hi, First off I'm pretty new to scripting so please be gentle. I am looking for some help with a script that will move all files with a certain extension into a folder within their current location. Just for clarity I have all my photos organised in directories such as: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guinch
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files from dir and subdir to Archive with File name as complete path_filename

HI, I need to move all files from a dir & its all subdir to Archive folder which is indise dir only. and moved filename should changed to complete path ( Like Dir_subdir_subdir2_.._filename ). also all files names shoud capture in a file in order to mail I written below code ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: minijain7
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying the dir/subdir structure from one server to another?

Hi All, I want to copy the dir/subdir structure from SERVER-A to SERVER-B without copying all the files in each dir. Is it possible using SCP / SFTP command? For example, SERVER-A has following two dir/subdirectories and files under each subdir. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echoing only once for each subdir

I have a script that runs from this: for i in * ; do (cd $i && echo $i && /test1/execute/testb);done this is testb: for file in `ls *.txt` do if && && && && && ; then echo "NO"; break 1; else echo "it is there" fi done What is happening is that I can get it to run a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
19 Replies
Template::Plugin::Directory(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Template::Plugin::Directory(3pm)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Directory - Plugin for generating directory listings SYNOPSIS
[% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] # files returns list of regular files [% FOREACH file = dir.files %] [% file.name %] [% file.path %] ... [% END %] # dirs returns list of sub-directories [% FOREACH subdir = dir.dirs %] [% subdir.name %] [% subdir.path %] ... [% END %] # list returns both interleaved in order [% FOREACH item = dir.list %] [% IF item.isdir %] Directory: [% item.name %] [% ELSE %] File: [% item.name %] [% END %] [% END %] # define a VIEW to display dirs/files [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] File: [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] Directory: [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) | indent -%] [% END %] [% END %] # display directory content using view [% myview.print(dir) %] DESCRIPTION
This Template Toolkit plugin provides a simple interface to directory listings. It is derived from the Template::Plugin::File module and uses Template::Plugin::File object instances to represent files within a directory. Sub-directories within a directory are represented by further "Template::Plugin::Directory" instances. The constructor expects a directory name as an argument. [% USE dir = Directory('/tmp') %] It then provides access to the files and sub-directories contained within the directory. # regular files (not directories) [% FOREACH file IN dir.files %] [% file.name %] [% END %] # directories only [% FOREACH file IN dir.dirs %] [% file.name %] [% END %] # files and/or directories [% FOREACH file IN dir.list %] [% file.name %] ([% file.isdir ? 'directory' : 'file' %]) [% END %] The plugin constructor will throw a "Directory" error if the specified path does not exist, is not a directory or fails to "stat()" (see Template::Plugin::File). Otherwise, it will scan the directory and create lists named '"files"' containing files, '"dirs"' containing directories and '"list"' containing both files and directories combined. The "nostat" option can be set to disable all file/directory checks and directory scanning. Each file in the directory will be represented by a Template::Plugin::File object instance, and each directory by another "Template::Plugin::Directory". If the "recurse" flag is set, then those directories will contain further nested entries, and so on. With the "recurse" flag unset, as it is by default, then each is just a place marker for the directory and does not contain any further content unless its "scan()" method is explicitly called. The "isdir" flag can be tested against files and/or directories, returning true if the item is a directory or false if it is a regular file. [% FOREACH file = dir.list %] [% IF file.isdir %] * Directory: [% file.name %] [% ELSE %] * File: [% file.name %] [% END %] [% END %] This example shows how you might walk down a directory tree, displaying content as you go. With the recurse flag disabled, as is the default, we need to explicitly call the "scan()" method on each directory, to force it to lookup files and further sub-directories contained within. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] * [% dir.path %] [% INCLUDE showdir %] [% BLOCK showdir -%] [% FOREACH file = dir.list -%] [% IF file.isdir -%] * [% file.name %] [% file.scan -%] [% INCLUDE showdir dir=file FILTER indent(4) -%] [% ELSE -%] - [% f.name %] [% END -%] [% END -%] [% END %] This example is adapted (with some re-formatting for clarity) from a test in t/directry.t which produces the following output: * test/dir - file1 - file2 * sub_one - bar - foo * sub_two - waz.html - wiz.html - xyzfile The "recurse" flag can be set (disabled by default) to cause the constructor to automatically recurse down into all sub-directories, creating a new "Template::Plugin::Directory" object for each one and filling it with any further content. In this case there is no need to explicitly call the "scan()" method. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath, recurse=1) %] ... [% IF file.isdir -%] * [% file.name %] [% INCLUDE showdir dir=file FILTER indent(4) -%] [% ELSE -%] ... The directory plugin also provides support for views. A view can be defined as a "VIEW ... END" block and should contain "BLOCK" definitions for files ('"file"') and directories ('"directory"'). [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] - [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] [% END %] The view "print()" method can then be called, passing the "Directory" object as an argument. [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath, recurse=1) %] [% myview.print(dir) %] When a directory is presented to a view, either as "[% myview.print(dir) %]" or "[% dir.present(view) %]", then the "directory" "BLOCK" within the "myview" "VIEW" is processed. The "item" variable will be set to alias the "Directory" object. [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] In this example, the directory name is first printed and the content(view) method is then called to present each item within the directory to the view. Further directories will be mapped to the "directory" block, and files will be mapped to the "file" block. With the recurse option disabled, as it is by default, the "directory" block should explicitly call a "scan()" on each directory. [% VIEW myview %] [% BLOCK file %] - [% item.name %] [% END %] [% BLOCK directory %] * [% item.name %] [% item.scan %] [% item.content(myview) FILTER indent %] [% END %] [% END %] [% USE dir = Directory(dirpath) %] [% myview.print(dir) %] AUTHORS
Michael Stevens wrote the original Directory plugin on which this is based. Andy Wardley split it into separate File and Directory plugins, added some extra code and documentation for "VIEW" support, and made a few other minor tweaks. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 Michael Stevens, Andy Wardley. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin, Template::Plugin::File, Template::View perl v5.14.2 2011-12-20 Template::Plugin::Directory(3pm)