Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Weblogic Queue Lenth
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Weblogic Queue Lenth Post 302535967 by amir5557 on Sunday 3rd of July 2011 12:16:28 PM
Old 07-03-2011
Weblogic Queue Lenth

I a performance monitoring tool that monitors the performance of my servers. I get an alert message every 5 minutes from
the monitoring tool if the queue count increase. The monitor sends an email of NOT-OK when the queue count increases and
another email of OK when the queue count goes to 0 again.
Lately, we have been seeing some NOT-OK alerts for the queue count increasing. It goes back down before the next monitor runs.
I am trying to investigate the reasons for the spikes. I believe that Garbage collection is causing the the queue count to go up.
I looked at a couple of emails from last month where the queue count was more than zero and pulled the data into an excel file.
I highlighted the records where the queue count is increasing. I am trying to determine what is causing the queue to go up.
It could be GC's are performing, it couldn't be user activity, it couldn't thread utilization. I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

weblogic?

anyone has any ideas about web logic? the weblogic is installed in unix, but everytimes when I tried to start the weblogic i have to start from unix with root password. Is there anyway i can start the weblogic w/o login to unix as root?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichiro
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Weblogic

Hi, I can't find the password for Weblogic console. Is it a way change it from solaris platform? Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weblogic Certification:

Hi All :) I am planning to undergo Weblogic Administartion Certification. IF anyone has got certified,please guide me. It would be more helpful,if someone shares me the materials or dumps. Please help me. Alvida. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvida
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the rows with match string on a fixed lenth text file - NO delimiters

Hi I am trying to fetch the rows with match string "0000001234" Input file looks like below: 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshk
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Is Weblogic useful for unix admins?

Hi, I Need small conformation that "Upto what extent Weblogic is useful for Admins? Need help ASAP...PLz do the Favour. Thanx in Advance...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: viswanathkishor
0 Replies

6. Linux

Linux/Weblogic Admins?

Please forgive me if I've chosen the wrong forum... but I'm just wondering how likely it is to find a Linux sys admin with a vast BEA Weblogic skillset or vice versa (a Weblogic admin with vast Linux admin skills)? The reason I ask is because our Linux Sys Admin is leaving for a position with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
1 Replies

7. Solaris

weblogic Maintenance pack

Hi ALL, I am running weblogic portal(9.2.2) on solaris and i wanted to apply maintenance pack and upgrade it to 9.2.3. Without using x-windows system how can i apply maintenance pack.? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav183
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weblogic commands in unix .

Hi , i want to know web logic commands in Unix which we can use from server. Like commands for deploying applications etc . Any link will also be helpful. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Version of Weblogic server

Hi All, How to find the version of the weblogic server configured? Our server is a Linux based server. Regards Dhivya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhivya.enjoy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i get the state of weblogic server

Hi, all Now i want write a shell to get the state of weblogic server,and when the Managed Server's state is not ok, after 3 times checking, i will send msg to the system administrator by sms. BTW, my environment is : Linux ,Redhat 5.4 64bit weblogic version: 10.3.3 the count number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wangsk
1 Replies
CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)					      General Commands Manual						 CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)

NAME
chudRemoteCtrl - start or stop the collection of performance monitor data in a performance monitor remote server application. SYNOPSIS
chudRemoteCtrl [ -m ] [ executable [args... ] ] chudRemoteCtrl -s label chudRemoteCtrl -e chudRemoteCtrl -k PID DESCRIPTION
chudRemoteCtrl is a command line tool that allows for the collection of performance data by any active performance monitor remote server application. There are currently two CHUD Tools that can be put in remote performance monitor server mode: MONster, and Shark (as well as their command line counterparts). Typically, chudRemoteCtrl is invoked on the command line or in a shell script, followed by the path to an executable to be measured and its arguments. chudRemoteCtrl issues a chudStartRemotePerfMonitor message immediately after launching the specified target program. When the launched program terminates, chudRemoteCtrl issues a chudStopRemotePerfMonitor message, and then exits. When the '-s', '-e' or '-k PID' options are used, no program is launched. OPTIONS
-r seconds: If the 'chudStartRemotePerfMonitor' message fails to either acquire or start the remote monitoring service, then keep try- ing to start again, until the specified number of seconds has elapsed. The same thing is true of the '-e' option. If there is a '-r <seconds>' argument on the command line, and a failure occurs trying to stop the remote profiling program, the stop message will be sent again until the retry time limit is reached. -s label: Issue a chudStartRemotePerfMonitor message with the specified label and exit. A 'label' is a string of up to 32 characters. -e Issue a chudStopRemotePerfMonitor message and exit. -q silence some of the non-essential warning and error output. -kPID Send a UNIX signal (SIGUSR1 to start profiling, SIGUSR2 to stop profiling) to the specified process-id. For example, if a command- line profiling tool, is running as PID 4267, using '-k 4267' along with a '-s' will send a SIGUSR1 to the command-line profiling tool and it will start sampling, while '-k 4267' along with a '-e' will send a SIGUSR2 to the command-line profiling tool and it will stop sampling. A 'start' example: % chudRemoteCtrl -s session_42 -k 4267. And a 'stop' example: % chudRemoteCtrl -e -k 4267. The command-line CHUD tool 'shark' responds to UNIX signals and toggles performance profiling. You can repeatedly send '-s <label> -k <PID#>' to shark and it will toggle profiling start or stop. Sending '-e -k <PID#>' to shark will stop sampling (if it's run- ning) and cause shark to EXIT. -m Set the performance monitor mark bit in the main thread of the launched child process. DIAGNOSTICS
chudRemoteCtrl returns a zero (0) upon success and a non-zero value on failure. BUGS
Please send your comments, suggestions and bug reports to: perftools-feedback@group.apple.com SEE ALSO
monster(1), shark(1) CHUD
6 October 2003 CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)