Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection Post 302535806 by azar.zorn on Friday 1st of July 2011 06:13:37 PM
Old 07-01-2011
thank you. the purpose of the project is a new type of software security. it's to prevent people from hacking commercial programs, so it even extends to Linux and Mac, not just Windows. they way I designed it, it's a modification to the compiler used to create the software, this is done for efficiency purposes (code once and apply to all vs. code into all). and the program splits between two methods based on whether the user is running any programs to trace random number generators (long story behind that), so I needed to know if I can detect the parallel processing. I'm not aware of that many ways to trace random number generators, but I think I covered most. can anyone who knows any ways list all the possible methods they know, so I can make sure I don't miss any that are coverable

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus detection

IS there virus software for unix? I worked in a Solaris environment and dont remember having anything. I also ask because the current enviroment i am working on is Microsoft and they argue that they do not use unix because of virus detection. Any input would be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

modem detection

How to get information that where is my modem configured in /dev. I have two modems configured in my device .. one is USB and other is PCI modem.. USB is detected as /dev/USB0. but how to see about PCI modem? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s123.radha
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parallel processing using AWK program

Hi All, could any expert tell me about writing a parallel processing program using AWK program is possible or not? Any example would be much appreciated... With Regards / Mysore Ganapati :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAT detection

hellou, can anybody help me with nat detection in real time ? i prefer some detection script because i try some nat detection program's for example p0f or i'm using tcpdump, but i would get contain of specific packet. Some ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheTechnic
1 Replies

5. AIX

NFS mount detection

Hi, I have a handy script in Linux, part of which checks for the presence of nfs mounts, using the information in /proc/mounts. Is there a suitable command or file in AIX that could be used in a similar way? Many thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SDG
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Injection Detection

I want to grep/awk /var/log/httpd/mysite-access_log.log and check if 2 words from the following appear in a single line: benchmark union information_schema drop truncate group_concat into file case hex lpad group order having insert union select from (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: koutroul
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl detection of redirect

This URL: Internet Archive Wayback Machine ..will redirect to this URL when using a browser: https://web.archive.org/web/20140110200053/http://rapor.tuik.gov.tr/reports/rwservlet?adnksdb2&ENVID=adnksdb2Env&report=wa_idari_yapi_10sonrasi.RDF&p_il1=17&p_yil=2012&p_dil=2&desformat=html But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mid Ocean
0 Replies
Math::Random::OO(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Math::Random::OO(3pm)

NAME
Math::Random::OO - Consistent object-oriented interface for generating random numbers SYNOPSIS
# Using factory functions use Math::Random::OO qw( Uniform UniformInt ); push @prngs, Uniform(), UniformInt(1,6); # Explicit creation of subclasses use Math::Random::OO::Normal; push @prngs, Math::Random::OO::Normal->new(0,2); $_->seed(23) for (@prngs); print( $_->next(), " ") for (@prngs); DESCRIPTION
CPAN contains many modules for generating random numbers in various ways and from various probability distributions using pseudo-random number generation algorithms or other entropy sources. (The "SEE ALSO" section has some examples.) Unfortunately, no standard interface exists across these modules. This module defines an abstract interface for random number generation. Subclasses of this model will implement specific types of random number generators or will wrap existing random number generators. This consistency will come at the cost of some efficiency, but will enable generic routines to be written that can manipulate any provided random number generator that adheres to the interface. E.g., a stochastic simulation could take a number of user-supplied parameters, each of which is a Math::Random::OO subclass object and which represent a stochastic variable with a particular probability distribution. USAGE
Factory Functions use Math::Random::OO qw( Uniform UniformInt Normal Bootstrap ); $uniform = Uniform(-1,1); $uni_int = UniformInt(1,6); $normal = Normal(1,1); $boot = Bootstrap( 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5 ); In addition to defining the abstract interface for subclasses, this module imports subclasses and exports factory functions upon request to simplify creating many random number generators at once without typing "Math::Random::OO::Subclass->new()" each time. The factory function names are the same as the suffix of the subclass following "Math::Random::OO". When called, they pass their arguments directly to the "new" constructor method of the corresponding subclass and return a new object of the subclass type. Supported functions and their subclasses include: o "Uniform" -- Math::Random::OO::Uniform (uniform distribution over a range) o "UniformInt" -- Math::Random::OO::UniformInt (uniform distribution of integers over a range) o "Normal" -- Math::Random::OO::Normal (normal distribution with specified mean and standard deviation) o "Bootstrap" -- Math::Random::OO::Bootstrap (bootstrap resampling from a non-parameteric distribution) INTERFACE
All Math::Random::OO subclasses must follow a standard interface. They must provide a "new" method, a "seed" method, and a "next" method. Specific details are left to each interface. "new" This is the standard constructor. Each subclass will define parameters specific to the subclass. "seed" $prng->seed( @seeds ); This method takes seed (or list of seeds) and uses it to set the initial state of the random number generator. As some subclasses may optionally use/require a list of seeds, the interface mandates that a list must be acceptable. Generators requiring a single seed must use the first value in the list. As seeds may be passed to the built-in "srand()" function, they may be truncated as integers, so 0.12 and 0.34 would be the same seed. "next" $rnd = $prng->next(); This method returns the next random number from the random number generator. It does not take (and must not use) any parameters. BUGS
Please report bugs using the CPAN Request Tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Math-Random-OO AUTHOR
David A Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> http://dagolden.com/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004, 2005 by David A. Golden This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
This is not an exhaustive list -- search CPAN for that -- but represents some of the more common or established random number generators that I've come across. Math::Random -- multiple random number generators for different distributions (a port of the C randlib) Math::Rand48 -- perl bindings for the drand48 library (according to perl56delta, this may already be the default after perl 5.005_52 if available) Math::Random::MT -- The Mersenne Twister PRNG (good and fast) Math::TrulyRandom -- an interface to random numbers from interrupt timing discrepancies perl v5.10.0 2009-05-02 Math::Random::OO(3pm)