Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Execution problem with ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution problem with ksh Post 302535730 by kshji on Friday 1st of July 2011 01:15:13 PM
Old 07-01-2011
ENDOFSQL must be in the position 1 in the line. The most safety method to fix.

Code:
exitConf()
{
while true
do
  echo
  printf "Do you want to continue with other Hubs[y/n]?"
  read varWish
  case "$varWish" in
         Y|y) displayResult ;;
         n|N) echo "Exit confirmation received. Exiting...!"
                return 0
                ;;
         *) echo "Invalid option!" ;;
  esac
done
}

This User Gave Thanks to kshji For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create file execution in KSH shell

Dear all, I'm new in Unix system, I need help about how to create execution file. for example in my system i have file fg* when i open fg file i get : cmd='basename$0' $cmd "$@" how to create file like that (execution file) in KSH shell thank you for your help heru (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: heru_90
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Execution Time

Hello, I am on solaris 9 (KSH). I need to get the execution time of my script. I can't use the time command as I have to send by mail the result in a human readable way. So I am looking for a code to add to my script. The output result would be : Execution time :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aswex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh file execution problem

Hi, There is a ksh file as below /scripts/dir> ls -ltr script.ksh -rwxrwxrwx 1 oprlxr lxr 4937 Aug 19 11:13 script.ksh i logged on to the server with my ID and able to see the above file. I tried executing it but it was shoing below error. (JSKOBS) /scripts/dir>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi i am using expect module and trying to login using following code. ssh 127.0.0.1 expect "word:" send "$password \n" kindly let me know the login script using expect module (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esumiba
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

HI I am trying to check the status of port using command /code: netstat -an | grep port /Output: *.2009 *.* 0 0 65535 0 LISTEN what i am trying to do is i want to grep only status Wether the port is established/listen if so show ok else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esumiba
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

hi all, when i tried executing the script by giving following command $ sh test.sh <parameter> it shows the following output: <none> status code=0 Previously it was working fine.But now its showing this output. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay mn
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

Hi, I have been trying to run a simple script CONFIG_FILE="/jay/check" . . . for i in `cat $CONFIG_FILE` do loc=`echo $i | cut -d "|" -f2` var=$(find $loc -mtime -1|wc -l) if then echo $loc has files older than 1 day fi done . . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayii
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of KSH after the Other ENDS

I have couple of scripts which I may have to execute one after the other. The Script1 creates trg files and second sciprt need to look for this trg file and proces further. I read in the forum that (./test1.sh && ./test2.sh) would work. Can you please let me know how do i use this where I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sukruth Kumar
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem

How to search a pattern from multiple files... i used the command suppose the pattern name is xxx grep xxx (file1-o- file2-o- file3) Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksakil
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential execution of commands in ksh

I need to run few commands in a ksh script sequentially. Some of the commands are jobs submitted to the server and the consecutive commands are dependent on the completion of the jobs submitted to the server. It works if i separate the commands into different files like this #!/bin/ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashob123
1 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)