Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linking in OpenSSL libcrypto Statically Post 302535711 by DGPickett on Friday 1st of July 2011 12:14:35 PM
Old 07-01-2011
Depends on the compiler, usually in a make file.
Code:
gcc -o yourname -Bstatic -L<dir-of-libcrypto.a> -lcrypto . . . yourfile.c

This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

HOw to load dynamic lib from a statically linked program ?

I need to load a dynamic library from a statically linked program. Is there a way without recompiling my program. when i try to do that my program just crashes. If not possible, how can I avoid crashing the program when i try to load the dynamic lib, again without recompiling. If my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to compile a program statically

how can i do static compilation in cc and -lldap i have system defined and user defined header file. Can any one suggest any site where from i can get some information about static and dynamic compilation. Thankx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhakti
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

5. Solaris

g++ linking problem...

I use Solaris 10, compiling with a custom g++ (3.4.6) and GNU binutils (2.17). Things have gone well on two different systems, but when I tried moving to a third, it all fell over. Basically, it is now using the CC linker, but I need to use options not available to it. I believe I have found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

6. Programming

dlopen failing on library with statically linked dependencies

I am attempting to port a program from OS X to Linux. It's C++ & Qt Creator and I did the original Windows to OS X port, so I tried to make it as POSIX-compliant as possible; the OS X port works well, and the Linux port builds and starts (it's on Ubuntu 9.10) but has some issues running. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hodapp87
2 Replies

7. Solaris

libcrypto.so.0.9.7

Hi Can anyone tell me the use of libcrypto.so.0.9.7 ? I know it is used for SSH. Also is there a way to look into the content of these jars? Also is there a way to uncompress the same? i tried # uncompress libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so.0.9.7.Z: No such file or directory # jar xvf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flinders1323
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Curl: fatal: libcrypto.so.1.0.0

Hi, I've installed curl with all despondency but when I try to start it I get: root@xxx> curl ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: open failed: No such file or directory Killed Looks like I have to change/make symlinks but I don't know how/where. Any idia? ---------- Post... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
3 Replies

9. AIX

Create shared libs on AIX (with certain libs which are statically linked)

I want to create a shared lib with certain libs statically linked to it. I can generate a fully shared lib as follows: gcc -maix64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src -DHAVE_OPENSSL -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/apr-1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/java8_64/include -shared -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
0 Replies
SSL_get_default_timeout(3)					      OpenSSL						SSL_get_default_timeout(3)

NAME
SSL_get_default_timeout - get default session timeout value LIBRARY
libcrypto, -lcrypto SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> long SSL_get_default_timeout(const SSL *ssl); DESCRIPTION
SSL_get_default_timeout() returns the default timeout value assigned to SSL_SESSION objects negotiated for the protocol valid for ssl. NOTES
Whenever a new session is negotiated, it is assigned a timeout value, after which it will not be accepted for session reuse. If the timeout value was not explicitly set using SSL_CTX_set_timeout(3), the hardcoded default timeout for the protocol will be used. SSL_get_default_timeout() return this hardcoded value, which is 300 seconds for all currently supported protocols (SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1). RETURN VALUES
See description. SEE ALSO
ssl(3), SSL_CTX_set_session_cache_mode(3), SSL_SESSION_get_time(3), SSL_CTX_flush_sessions(3), SSL_get_default_timeout(3) 1.0.1i 2009-07-20 SSL_get_default_timeout(3)