Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Linking in OpenSSL libcrypto Statically Post 302535701 by DGPickett on Friday 1st of July 2011 11:55:28 AM
Old 07-01-2011
You need to compile/link with -lcrypto -L dir of libcrypto.a to get a static link. If only .so is available, it will go dynamic.

It is portable in two pieces or if the far end has a compatible .so, hopefully one that is not hacked! It saves space, disk and RAM, increases cache hits as all on one host use same lib at once, and takes little time to dynamically link.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. Programming

HOw to load dynamic lib from a statically linked program ?

I need to load a dynamic library from a statically linked program. Is there a way without recompiling my program. when i try to do that my program just crashes. If not possible, how can I avoid crashing the program when i try to load the dynamic lib, again without recompiling. If my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to compile a program statically

how can i do static compilation in cc and -lldap i have system defined and user defined header file. Can any one suggest any site where from i can get some information about static and dynamic compilation. Thankx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhakti
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

5. Solaris

g++ linking problem...

I use Solaris 10, compiling with a custom g++ (3.4.6) and GNU binutils (2.17). Things have gone well on two different systems, but when I tried moving to a third, it all fell over. Basically, it is now using the CC linker, but I need to use options not available to it. I believe I have found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

6. Programming

dlopen failing on library with statically linked dependencies

I am attempting to port a program from OS X to Linux. It's C++ & Qt Creator and I did the original Windows to OS X port, so I tried to make it as POSIX-compliant as possible; the OS X port works well, and the Linux port builds and starts (it's on Ubuntu 9.10) but has some issues running. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hodapp87
2 Replies

7. Solaris

libcrypto.so.0.9.7

Hi Can anyone tell me the use of libcrypto.so.0.9.7 ? I know it is used for SSH. Also is there a way to look into the content of these jars? Also is there a way to uncompress the same? i tried # uncompress libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so.0.9.7.Z: No such file or directory # jar xvf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flinders1323
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Curl: fatal: libcrypto.so.1.0.0

Hi, I've installed curl with all despondency but when I try to start it I get: root@xxx> curl ld.so.1: curl: fatal: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: open failed: No such file or directory Killed Looks like I have to change/make symlinks but I don't know how/where. Any idia? ---------- Post... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
3 Replies

9. AIX

Create shared libs on AIX (with certain libs which are statically linked)

I want to create a shared lib with certain libs statically linked to it. I can generate a fully shared lib as follows: gcc -maix64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src -DHAVE_OPENSSL -I/usr/include/openssl -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/apr-1 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/java8_64/include -shared -o... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amandeepgautam
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-TIMESYNCD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-timesyncd.service				      SYSTEMD-TIMESYNCD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-timesyncd.service, systemd-timesyncd - Network Time Synchronization SYNOPSIS
systemd-timesyncd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-timesyncd DESCRIPTION
systemd-timesyncd is a system service that may be used to synchronize the local system clock with a remote Network Time Protocol server. It also saves the local time to disk every time the clock has been synchronized and uses this to possibly advance the system realtime clock on subsequent reboots to ensure it monotonically advances even if the system lacks a battery-buffered RTC chip. The systemd-timesyncd service specifically implements only SNTP. This minimalistic service will set the system clock for large offsets or slowly adjust it for smaller deltas. More complex use cases are not covered by systemd-timesyncd. The NTP servers contacted are determined from the global settings in timesyncd.conf(5), the per-link static settings in .network files, and the per-link dynamic settings received over DHCP. See systemd.network(5) for more details. timedatectl(1)'s set-ntp command may be used to enable and start, or disable and stop this service. FILES
/var/lib/systemd/timesync/clock This file contains the timestamp of the last successful synchronization. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), timesyncd.conf(5), systemd.network(5), systemd-networkd.service(8), timedatectl(1), localtime(5), hwclock(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TIMESYNCD.SERVICE(8)