Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting KSH - XML file from Text file Post 302535687 by fpmurphy on Friday 1st of July 2011 11:38:37 AM
Old 07-01-2011
Here is solely Korn shell solution:
Code:
trim()
{
    trimmed=$1
    trimmed=${trimmed%% }
    trimmed=${trimmed## }

echo $trimmed
}

IFS=:

while read label value
do
  case $label in
    'Max Value')             MAXVALUE=$(trim $value) ;;
    'Start With')            STARTWITH=$(trim $value) ;;
    'Increment By')          INCBY=$(trim $value) ;;
    'Sequence Name')         SEQNAME=$(trim $value) ;;
    'Related Table')         typeset -u RELTABLE=$(trim $value) ;;
    'Related Table Column')  typeset -u RELTABLECOL=$(trim $value) ;;
  esac
done < infile

echo '<?xml version="1.0"?>'
echo '<Sequence SeqName="'$SEQNAME'" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">'
echo '    <SeqArea>appl/misc</SeqArea>'
echo '    <SeqData>'
echo '        <IncrementValue>'$INCBY'</IncrementValue>'
echo '        <MaximumValue>'$MAXVALUE'</MaximumValue>'
echo '        <StartValue>'$STARTWITH'</StartValue>'
echo '    </SeqData>'
echo '    <SeqDocs>'
echo '        <SeqDesc>some description.</SeqDesc>'
echo '    </SeqDocs>'
echo '    <UseColumn TabName="'$RELTABLE'" ColName="'$RELTABLECOL'"/>'
echo '</Sequence>'

exit 0

This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert XML file into Text file(fixed length)

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML file into TEXT file using PERL seript

Dear Yogesh..."Convert XML file into TEXT file using PERL seript"... can u help me regarding this issue...plz Thanks Rudro (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rudro
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Get the <TAG Values> from an XML file

Hi All, I am new to Unix I need a KSH script to get the values from XML file to write to a temp file. Like the requirement is from the below TAG <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ="Test Mapping" ISVALID ="YES" NAME ="m_test_xml" OBJECTVERSION ="1" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> I need the MAPPING DESCRIPTION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter a .kml file (xml) with data set from text file

I have a .kml file. So I want filter the .kml to get only the tags that have this numeric codes that they are in a text file 11951 11952 74014 11964 11965 11969 11970 11971 11972 60149 74018 74023 86378 11976 11980 11983 11984 11987 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcoj33
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

9. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
XML::DOM::Text(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       XML::DOM::Text(3pm)

NAME
XML::DOM::Text - A piece of XML text in XML::DOM DESCRIPTION
XML::DOM::Text extends XML::DOM::CharacterData, which extends XML::DOM::Node. The Text interface represents the textual content (termed character data in XML) of an Element or Attr. If there is no markup inside an element's content, the text is contained in a single object implementing the Text interface that is the only child of the element. If there is markup, it is parsed into a list of elements and Text nodes that form the list of children of the element. When a document is first made available via the DOM, there is only one Text node for each block of text. Users may create adjacent Text nodes that represent the contents of a given element without any intervening markup, but should be aware that there is no way to represent the separations between these nodes in XML or HTML, so they will not (in general) persist between DOM editing sessions. The normalize() method on Element merges any such adjacent Text objects into a single node for each block of text; this is recommended before employing operations that depend on a particular document structure, such as navigation with XPointers. METHODS splitText (offset) Breaks this Text node into two Text nodes at the specified offset, keeping both in the tree as siblings. This node then only contains all the content up to the offset point. And a new Text node, which is inserted as the next sibling of this node, contains all the con- tent at and after the offset point. Parameters: offset The offset at which to split, starting from 0. Return Value: The new Text node. DOMExceptions: * INDEX_SIZE_ERR Raised if the specified offset is negative or greater than the number of characters in data. * NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR Raised if this node is readonly. perl v5.8.8 2008-02-03 XML::DOM::Text(3pm)