Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: create sql query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting create sql query Post 302535507 by jam_prasanna on Friday 1st of July 2011 02:13:10 AM
Old 07-01-2011
Hi aigles,

Thanks for your help!!!!!! I will call your awk scipt in my perl script. I need some modification with reference to below file
Code:
R1|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_CLASS|V_MOUNT_FEATURE|SURFACE MOUNT|AND|8533.10.00.20|8533.10.00.20|
R1|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_NW_CLASS|V_TECHNOLOGY|CARBON*||8533.10.00.20|8533.10.00.20|
R4|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_CLASS|V_MOUNT_FEATURE|THROUGH HOLE MOUNT|AND|8533.10.00.57|8533.10.00.57|
R4|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_NW_CLASS|V_TECHNOLOGY|CARBON*||8533.10.00.57|8533.10.00.57|
R7|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_CLASS|V_MOUNT_FEATURE|SURFACE MOUNT|AND|8533.21.00.10|8533.21.00.25|
R7|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_NW_CLASS|V_TECHNOLOGY|!CARBON*|AND|8533.21.00.10|8533.21.00.25|
R7|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_PRT_CLASS|V_MFR_PKG_DESC|DIP*||8533.21.00.10|8533.21.00.25|

in the created sql query i need to add two static table v_prt_class and v_vmf_class in all the query as i need to extract one attribute from each of these two tables,
condition here is if v_prt_class part of the it should not duplicate

If u take the first output it does not contain V_PRT_CLASS table in the query, if u take 3rd output it contains V_PRT_CLASS table.

new sqlquery for the 3rd output should be
Code:
select a.v_prt_nbr, b.v_vmf_name, c.V_MOUNT_FEATURE, d.V_TECHNOLOGY, a.V_MFR_PKG_DESC from v_prt_class a, v_vmf_class b, V_RES_CLASS c, V_RES_NW_CLASS d where c.V_MOUNT_FEATURE='SURFACE MOUNT' and d.V_TECHNOLOGY NOT LIKE 'CARBON%' and a.V_MFR_PKG_DESC LIKE 'DIP%' and a.obj_id=c.obj_id and c.obj_id=d.obj_id and a.V_PRT_MFG_PTR=b.obj_id;

here a.obj_id=c.obj_id and c.obj_id=d.obj_id and a.V_PRT_MFG_PTR=b.obj_id; is a static line
for 1st output
Code:
select a.v_prt_nbr, b.v_vmf_name, c.V_MOUNT_FEATURE, d.V_TECHNOLOGY from v_prt_class a, v_vmf_class b, V_RES_CLASS c, V_RES_NW_CLASS d where c.V_MOUNT_FEATURE='SURFACE MOUNT' and d.V_TECHNOLOGY LIKE 'CARBON%' and a.obj_id=c.obj_id and c.obj_id=d.obj_id and a.V_PRT_MFG_PTR=b.obj_id;

Instead of writing the output to terminal I need to write it to some output file, Also I need to retain clolumn 1 ,7 and 8 along with the corresponding query.

Last edited by Franklin52; 07-07-2011 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

& in SQL query

I have a script that looks for all jobs that contain a particular calendar. Some of the calendars have '&' in them and sql freaks out when it encounters that.. is there a way around this? I have tried: select job_name from job where run_calendar='1&15dom' select job_name from job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindarella
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh and sql query

Hi ... I am doing a switch user and then rsh and then running a sql query . I am successfull in rsh and logging into the database , but my query doesnt run .. Here's the command : su - linus -c "rsh -l linus psmf ORACLE_SID=SMP;export ORACLE_SID;sqlplus... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sars
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

SQL Lite query

Hello Everyone, I am looking to write a script that will run on many machines in a network at the same time. They need to write a result to a common location. I plan to use a SQLlite database as this common writing point. But the concern I have is how SQLlite will react to multiple writes that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garric
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql query problem

Hi, I am passing an argument for the script and that argument values should exist in database. bill_period_input="'""$1""'" bill_period=`sqlplus uname/pwd@dbname <<eof! set verify off set heading off set feedback off select bill_period from bill_period_ref where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in SQL query

I used the following code code select * from tablename where columnname Instead of printing the expected output it prints all the files in the present directory since there is a "*" in the code. Is there any way to overcome the problem? Thanks Ananth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

8. Programming

Getting error in sql query

Hi All , I have tried many times am getting syntax error on 'UNION' can anybody tell me ... INSERT INTO table1 ( Type , num_items , num_letters , total_value ) (select type='1', num_items, num_letters=count(*), total_value=sum(letter_value) from table2 where num_items = 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

9. Programming

Help writing SQL query

Hello All, I hope I'm posting this in the right section. I have zero sql query writing skill, in fact, I've never done it before, but for some reason, a request came across my desk to get information from one of our databases. I have about 200 ticket numbers that have no information attached,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
8 Replies

10. Solaris

SQL QUERY to Table Output

Hi I am trying to run sql query from solaris in csh script and send the output to email. Below is my sql query select p.spid,se.program seprogram, se.machine, se.username, sq.sql_text,sq.retrows from v$process p inner join v$session se on p.addr = se.paddr inner join ( select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies
platform::shell(3tcl)					       Tcl Bundled Packages					     platform::shell(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(3tcl)