Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Vmrun in Vmware
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Help with Vmrun in Vmware Post 302535484 by r4v3n on Thursday 30th of June 2011 11:35:06 PM
Old 07-01-2011
Thanks for the reply Ken.

Pinging the machine was one of the first solutions I thought of, but unfortunately when the VM goes down, ping would just hang. It would not throw any errors I could work with. The same goes for querying a PID on the VM, or querying for a file in a directory using vmrun. They would all just hang and wait for the machine to reboot without throwing errors.

It's not one software that I'm running VMWare. I'm running malware that come into my honeypot in an automated way to get the analysis reports...kind of like threatexpert.com. I can run them in wine, but I need more accurate reports.

Cheers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vmware???????????????????

i got the rpm file and installed it but nothing happens i went to the cmd line and got the wizard to come up and finshed it but still no a thing will any body help me set this thing up i'm using mandrak9 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler2000
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris And VMware

hello all I have prob with solaris 10 and vmware 5.5, 6.0 that befor it's good work and from yesterday when I try to add new vm in SCSI Controller from vmware it's Don't see any Hard Disk or controller when I used solaris 5 cd-cdrom and DVD version but when try to make vm with IDE controller... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hosam
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

vmware

I sorry for not being able to follow the rules. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: puertochico
0 Replies

4. Solaris

VMware

Hi I want to install vmware on my laptop and get started by installing a Solaris 10 on it . Can aybody suggest any links, pdfs etc that describes the procedure step by step .The laptop is running windows Vista Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

VMware ESX 3.5

Hi, I am going to install solaris cluster 3.2 in vmware esx 3.5 for demo, for cluster we need two different network interfaces for private and pubic connectivity, but we have single ethernet controller how to create two different ethernet instance name with single ethernet controller in vmware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajasekg
1 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Hi VMware 7.1.1

Hi Gurus Can anyone please send a trial license of VMware 7.1.1. I install it in my machine. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

7. SCO

Openserver 5.0.6 on VMware

Hi all, I'm looking for some friendly advice on running Openserver 5.0.6 on VMware. Does anybody fancy answering a few questions if I post them? ---------- Post updated at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:43 AM ---------- Well people are reading my post, so I'll try my questions!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevinGB
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX on VMWARE

Hello Every body, I will receive a workstation HP, with a processor Intel corei5, with Windows already installer. I project to install : 1)a Vmware 2)a serveur aix 3)a redhat server ... etc. My question is : 1) What kind of vmware should I install to support installation of an AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlaiti
3 Replies

9. SuSE

problem with vmware

Dear Friends, I have been working with vmware and it was working welll until few days ago. I am still able to log myself in and start the virtual windows. However, the network connection to the host computer is gone and I am not able to copy my files from vmware to the host machine. At the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chirag.joshi
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

problem with VMWare 7 1 4

Hi all I have a very big problem with ..... > VMWare Workstation 7.1.4 Closes abruptly >> If I do anything This video demonstrates the problem:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0OVSQY3LtI (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aonallah
0 Replies
nisstat(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       nisstat(1M)

NAME
nisstat - report NIS+ server statistics SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisstat [-H host] [directory] DESCRIPTION
The nisstat command queries a NIS+ server for various statistics about its operations. These statistics may vary between implementations and from release to release. Not all statistics are available from all servers. If you request a statistic from a server that does not sup- port that statistic, it is never a fatal error. The message "unknown statistic" is returned. By default, statistics are fetched from the server(s) of the NIS+ directory for the default domain. If directory is specified, servers for that directory are queried. Supported statistics for this release are as follows: root server This reports whether the server is a root server. NIS compat mode This reports whether the server is running in NIS compat mode. DNS forwarding in NIS mode This reports whether the server in NIS compat mode will forward host lookup calls to DNS. security level This reports the security level of this server. serves directories This lists the directories served by this server. Operations This statistic returns results in the form: OP=opname:C=calls:E=errors:T=micros Where opname is replaced by the RPC procedure name or operation, calls is the number of calls to this procedure that have been made since the server started running. errors is the number of errors that have occurred while processing a call, and micros is the average time in microseconds to complete the last 16 calls. Directory Cache This statistic reports the number of calls to the internal directory object cache, the number of hits on that cache, the number of misses, and the hit rate percentage. Group Cache This statistic reports the number of calls to the internal NIS+ group object cache, the number of hits on that cache, the number of misses, and the hit rate percentage. Static Storage This statistic reports the number of bytes the server has allocated for its static storage buffers. Dynamic Storage This statistic reports the amount of heap the server process is currently using. Uptime This statistic reports the time since the service has been running. Per-server and per-directory access restrictions may apply. See nisopaccess(1). nisstat uses NIS_STATUS. OPTIONS
-H host Normally all servers for the directory are queried. With this option, only the machine named host is queried. If the named machine does not serve the directory, no statistics are returned. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ directory name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the directory is found. See nisdefaults(1). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nisdefaults(1), nisopaccess(1), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nisstat(1M)