Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection Post 302535465 by azar.zorn on Thursday 30th of June 2011 07:13:15 PM
Old 06-30-2011
Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection

Hey, for the purpose of a research project I need to know if a specific type of parallel processing is being utilized by any user-run programs. Is there a way to detect whether a program either returns a value to another program at the end of execution, or just utilizes any form of parallel processing? This is without having access to the source code of the program. Help please.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

virus detection

IS there virus software for unix? I worked in a Solaris environment and dont remember having anything. I also ask because the current enviroment i am working on is Microsoft and they argue that they do not use unix because of virus detection. Any input would be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbonilla
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

modem detection

How to get information that where is my modem configured in /dev. I have two modems configured in my device .. one is USB and other is PCI modem.. USB is detected as /dev/USB0. but how to see about PCI modem? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: s123.radha
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parallel processing using AWK program

Hi All, could any expert tell me about writing a parallel processing program using AWK program is possible or not? Any example would be much appreciated... With Regards / Mysore Ganapati :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAT detection

hellou, can anybody help me with nat detection in real time ? i prefer some detection script because i try some nat detection program's for example p0f or i'm using tcpdump, but i would get contain of specific packet. Some ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheTechnic
1 Replies

5. AIX

NFS mount detection

Hi, I have a handy script in Linux, part of which checks for the presence of nfs mounts, using the information in /proc/mounts. Is there a suitable command or file in AIX that could be used in a similar way? Many thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SDG
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Injection Detection

I want to grep/awk /var/log/httpd/mysite-access_log.log and check if 2 words from the following appear in a single line: benchmark union information_schema drop truncate group_concat into file case hex lpad group order having insert union select from (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: koutroul
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl detection of redirect

This URL: Internet Archive Wayback Machine ..will redirect to this URL when using a browser: https://web.archive.org/web/20140110200053/http://rapor.tuik.gov.tr/reports/rwservlet?adnksdb2&ENVID=adnksdb2Env&report=wa_idari_yapi_10sonrasi.RDF&p_il1=17&p_yil=2012&p_dil=2&desformat=html But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mid Ocean
0 Replies
END(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    END(3)

NAME
etext, edata, end - end of program segments SYNOPSIS
extern etext; extern edata; extern end; DESCRIPTION
The addresses of these symbols indicate the end of various program segments: etext This is the first address past the end of the text segment (the program code). edata This is the first address past the end of the initialized data segment. end This is the first address past the end of the uninitialized data segment (also known as the BSS segment). CONFORMING TO
Although these symbols have long been provided on most UNIX systems, they are not standardized; use with caution. NOTES
The program must explicitly declare these symbols; they are not defined in any header file. On some systems the names of these symbols are preceded by underscores, thus: _etext, _edata, and _end. These symbols are also defined for programs compiled on Linux. At the start of program execution, the program break will be somewhere near &end (perhaps at the start of the following page). However, the break will change as memory is allocated via brk(2) or malloc(3). Use sbrk(2) with an argument of zero to find the current value of the program break. EXAMPLE
When run, the program below produces output such as the following: $ ./a.out First address past: program text (etext) 0x8048568 initialized data (edata) 0x804a01c uninitialized data (end) 0x804a024 Program source #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> extern char etext, edata, end; /* The symbols must have some type, or "gcc -Wall" complains */ int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { printf("First address past: "); printf(" program text (etext) %10p ", &etext); printf(" initialized data (edata) %10p ", &edata); printf(" uninitialized data (end) %10p ", &end); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
objdump(1), readelf(1), sbrk(2), elf(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-07-17 END(3)