Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Some error with number of keyboard inputs occured with this code for reversing a string.. Post 302535348 by shamrock on Thursday 30th of June 2011 12:28:19 PM
Old 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscoder
Thanku for pointing out the part causing the problem with the input count...but can u suggest a way to overcome the problem..i couldn't get through it
Just replace the %c with %1s and that will take care of scanf reading the newline in the input...
Code:
scanf("%1s", &w);

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscoder
..n a little more on this behaviour of "scanf()" will also be helpful..
And here is an excerpt from the scanf man page...
Code:
c                      A character is expected; the corresponding argument
                       should be a character pointer.  The normal skip-
                       over-white-space is suppressed in this case; to read
                       the next non-space character, use %1s.  If a field
                       width is given, the corresponding argument refers to
                       a character array; the indicated number of characters
                       is read.

This User Gave Thanks to shamrock For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing and trim a String through SHELL script

All I want to reverse and trim a string using UNIX shell scripts.Iam using Bourne shells. Can you help me? Thanx in advance Regards Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

output string in reversing order

If I have string { I_love_shell_scripts} anyone knows how to have output {stpircs_llehs_evol_I} by using shell and perl ?I know in perl, there is reverse() funcation, but can it be done by not using reverse()? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read n number of inputs

Hello, I think its a sinple query but somehow i m stucked up here... I am trying to enter n number of inputs from the user and write them in an input file ie row wise... I tried standard commands like $echo "enter the inputs for the file" $read var1 var2 var3 var4 test1 test2... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help how replace stardard keyboard inputs by arguments at run time of a script

Hello Everybody, Please help. I was trying to automate the use of a third-party given shell script. The script is written to be used at run-time to collect a few variables to be provided by the user through key board, in the fashion as below: ./runcommand please provide a file name to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dingrong
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and reversing a string

Hi Everyone....I am new to Unix and BASH programming...I just want to read a string and reverse it and display.....can anyone help me out???? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help reversing this code

ssh servername.com "echo /$APP=$BUSIN >> $URI; echo /$APP/*=$BUSIN >> $URI" Ok for example here i ssh into a example servername.com, and I think what it does some line gets put into the urifile , my question is, how would i go about removing that in a script. in summary, the above code is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2learn09
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error occured while running a script

Hi All, In my application, I'm getting an error as type mismatch Let me now explain the scenario, I ran a shell script which calls some other scripts. All these scripts uses the environment variables. Take for example, this script uses a variable 'PathDir'. I initiallized the value to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie Alert:Reversing part of a string?

Hello all, Wondering if anyone can help me out. Trying to cut the names out of the /etc/passwd file so that they can be displayed first then last name. I cut them out and put them into variables but cant get them to display side by side after cutting. Anyone able to help a newbie? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of keyboard inputs..like Ctrl+d and Ctrl+a

Hi..! I'm stuck with my automation of starting a process and keeping it running even after the current ssh session has exited.. So i'm trying to use command 'screen'. which is doing exactly what i wanted, But the problem is automation of the same. i will have to press Ctrl+a and Ctrl+d for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)