Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password last changed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Password last changed Post 302535265 by Norgaard on Thursday 30th of June 2011 09:13:37 AM
Old 06-30-2011
OK, thx. Then I am not as mad as I feared!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have users changed their password

How can I know users have changed their passwords ? I don't need their password (!) I have to know if they have changed their pass word and when ? Thank you in advance for any SIMPLE answer. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: annemar
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

How I know "last password changed".

Hi all, My HP-UX server 11.11 trusted system. How I know when password was last changed. Thanks , arm_naja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timezone not changed.

Hi All, While installing Red Hat Linux, I tried changing the timezone to Japan for testing.But the timezone was not set to Japan. I tried other timezones , but they didn't work as well. I am guessing the problem might be due to some missing rpm.Does anyone has any idea or faced a similar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Users who have never changed their password from /etc/shadow.

Hello, I have to do a script which returns users who have never changed their password from /etc/shadow. Here is what have I done and I'm not sure if it's ok. I tried to return just users who doesn;t have password set or are locked. Can be there other kind of user who never changed the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalint
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Password not changed!

Hi I am using Fedora 14. I forgot root password of Fedora 14 so I used online help from Fedora website which says by doing rheb silent 1 and then using proper kernel and then using psswd for changing the password I changed it. But after normal booting GUI I am not able to log-on. Can anybody plz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

7. AIX

Root password changed but old one still works

Hello i am running AIX 6.1. i recently changed the root password using passwd and pwdadm. while the new password works fine, i am still able to login using the old password. is there anyway this can disabled\fixed thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnlsingh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check when the password has been changed lastly

Hi, I wanted to check when the password of a current user(logged in) has been changed recently. I tried with the commands like passwd -s name logins -x -l username everthingbut it shows not a super user Which commands will help me.. Kindly help.. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pranavi
3 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
audit_binfile(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros					  audit_binfile(5)

NAME
audit_binfile - generation of Solaris audit logs SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/security/audit_binfile.so DESCRIPTION
The audit_binfile plugin module for Solaris audit, /usr/lib/security/audit_binfile.so, writes binary audit data to files as configured in audit_control(4); it is the default plugin for the Solaris audit daemon auditd(1M). Its output is described by audit.log(4). The audit_binfile plugin is loaded by auditd if audit_control contains one or more lines defining audit directories by means of the dir: specification or if audit_control has a plugin: specification of name=audit_binfile.so. OBJECT ATTRIBUTES
The p_dir and p_minfree attributes are equivalent to the dir: and minfree: lines described in audit_control. If both the dir: line and the p_dir attribute are used, the plugin combines all directories into a single list with those specified by means of dir: at the front of the list. If both the minfree and the p_minfree attributes are given, the p_minfree value is used. EXAMPLES
The following directives cause audit_binfile.so to be loaded, specify the directories for writing audit logs, and specify the percentage of required free space per directory. flags: lo,ad,-fm naflags: lo,ad plugin: name=audit_binfile.so; p_minfree=20; p_dir=/etc/security/jedgar/eggplant, /etc/security/jedgar.aux/eggplant, /etc/security/global/eggplant ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
auditd(1M), audit_control(4), syslog.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 20 May 2003 audit_binfile(5)