Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Boot hang after relocate of LSI HBA controller Post 302535235 by jgt on Thursday 30th of June 2011 06:53:38 AM
Old 06-30-2011
Have you already added the 12gb, or do you still only 4 installed?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 4.1.5/RS6000 boot hang, help requested

Hello there! I have a RS-6000 7043-140 machine with AIX version 4.1.5, that is working for almost 8 years now. It has a tty monitor. My problem started when I upgraded my machine to install a gxt250 graphics adapter card together with a 15" AOC VGA Monitor, logitech keyboard and mouse, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_genius
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help creating a script to relocate shares

I have a single Linux Red Hat 8.0 server with two external disk arrays (each a raid) connected via SCSI. The OS/boot/swap is on an internal set of disks and should not be affected by this process. I need to move all of my data from one disk array to another while keeping all of my 30 or so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenisswell
0 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 5.8 hang on boot

I have an ultra 10 system, and am trying to install and verify a previously cloned hard drive, to make sure it works, that it really is a duplicate of the hard drive currently on an other server, etc. I plugged in this cloned hard drive as master, only drive in the system. No network LAN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HikerLT
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS client subsystem hang up on boot

Hi, I have a Unix box running HP-UX 10.20 and it suddenly won't boot. Every time it goes down the boot checklist, it hangs on "NFS client subsystem" and just continues to say busy/wait. I have read something about the /etc/auto_master but don't quite understand what has to happen to fix it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
4 Replies

5. AIX

Boot from CD hang

Why is one of my blade hanging and does nothing after trying to boot from CD??? ================== I tried to press 1....JS20 does not support SMS menu Here's what I see after 30 minutes... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifch
0 Replies

6. Solaris

hard disk broken, relocate user's home dir. All setting missing

Hi, guys I am a super newbie in solaris admin.... Now I got a problem. Due to the broken of one of Raid system, some user home directory is missing. Someone advises me to relocate the home directory on the new drive. I have googled and have tried " usermode -d " command. But I found a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_dw
3 Replies

7. Linux

RPCBIND Hang at Boot

Hi guys, i explain my problem: I've FC10 64bit installed on a server Dell R410. When i boot the system with eth0 or eth1 linked (only one eth linked), all work fine and the system start normally. When i boot the system with eth0 + eth1 linked, the system hang when the rpcind service... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andreaden
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Boot process hang

Hello, Sometime i see that the boot process hangs. I am using rhel 6.2. At that time in the console i see Probing EDD (edd=off to disable)... SSH service seems to be started but i can't login... ssh logs (last lines) in verbose mode level 3: debug2: we did not send a packet,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 on Supermicro X10SL7-F with LSI SAS 2308

Hi, I am planning on building a Solaris 11.2 based ZFS file server. The hardware I have chosen is the following: Mobo: Supermicro X10SL7-F (with integrated 'LSI SAS 2308' controller) CPU: Intel i3-4150 RAM: 16GB ECC (brand/model is certified by Supermicro) # I will flash the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tubiman
2 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 					  System Administration Utilities					   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB to a device SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --modules=MODULES pre-load specified modules MODULES --boot-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR/grub instead of the /boot/grub directory --grub-setup=FILE use FILE as grub-setup --grub-mkimage=FILE use FILE as grub-mkimage --grub-mkrelpath=FILE use FILE as grub-mkrelpath --grub-mkdevicemap=FILE use FILE as grub-mkdevicemap --grub-probe=FILE use FILE as grub-probe --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --allow-floppy Make the drive also bootable as floppy (default for fdX devices). May break on some BIOSes. --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists --force install even if problems are detected --disk-module=MODULE disk module to use INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into /boot/grub, and uses grub-setup to install grub into the boot sector. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-mkconfig(8), grub-mkimage(1), grub-setup(8), grub-mkrescue(1) The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GRUB) 1.99-12ubuntu5 October 2011 GRUB-INSTALL(8)