Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Some error with number of keyboard inputs occured with this code for reversing a string.. Post 302535185 by mscoder on Thursday 30th of June 2011 04:07:17 AM
Old 06-30-2011
Thanku for pointing out the part causing the problem with the input count...but can u suggest a way to overcome the problem..i couldn't get through it..n a little more on this behaviour of "scanf()" will also be helpful..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reversing and trim a String through SHELL script

All I want to reverse and trim a string using UNIX shell scripts.Iam using Bourne shells. Can you help me? Thanx in advance Regards Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

output string in reversing order

If I have string { I_love_shell_scripts} anyone knows how to have output {stpircs_llehs_evol_I} by using shell and perl ?I know in perl, there is reverse() funcation, but can it be done by not using reverse()? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read n number of inputs

Hello, I think its a sinple query but somehow i m stucked up here... I am trying to enter n number of inputs from the user and write them in an input file ie row wise... I tried standard commands like $echo "enter the inputs for the file" $read var1 var2 var3 var4 test1 test2... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help how replace stardard keyboard inputs by arguments at run time of a script

Hello Everybody, Please help. I was trying to automate the use of a third-party given shell script. The script is written to be used at run-time to collect a few variables to be provided by the user through key board, in the fashion as below: ./runcommand please provide a file name to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dingrong
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and reversing a string

Hi Everyone....I am new to Unix and BASH programming...I just want to read a string and reverse it and display.....can anyone help me out???? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhilneela
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help reversing this code

ssh servername.com "echo /$APP=$BUSIN >> $URI; echo /$APP/*=$BUSIN >> $URI" Ok for example here i ssh into a example servername.com, and I think what it does some line gets put into the urifile , my question is, how would i go about removing that in a script. in summary, the above code is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2learn09
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error occured while running a script

Hi All, In my application, I'm getting an error as type mismatch Let me now explain the scenario, I ran a shell script which calls some other scripts. All these scripts uses the environment variables. Take for example, this script uses a variable 'PathDir'. I initiallized the value to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie Alert:Reversing part of a string?

Hello all, Wondering if anyone can help me out. Trying to cut the names out of the /etc/passwd file so that they can be displayed first then last name. I cut them out and put them into variables but cant get them to display side by side after cutting. Anyone able to help a newbie? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of keyboard inputs..like Ctrl+d and Ctrl+a

Hi..! I'm stuck with my automation of starting a process and keeping it running even after the current ssh session has exited.. So i'm trying to use command 'screen'. which is doing exactly what i wanted, But the problem is automation of the same. i will have to press Ctrl+a and Ctrl+d for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send keyboard inputs toa UNIX command executed from a shell script?

I have a unix command that prompts for 'y'. How do I run this from my shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies
ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)						    ABRT Manual 						 ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)

NAME
abrt-dump-oops - Extract oops from FILE (or standard input) SYNOPSIS
abrt-dump-oops [-vusoxtm] [-d DIR]/[-D] [FILE] DESCRIPTION
This tool creates problem directory from, updates problem directory with or prints oops extracted from FILE or standard input. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. -s Log to syslog -o Print found oopses on standard output -d DIR Create new problem directory in DIR for every oops found -D Same as -d DumpLocation, DumpLocation is specified in abrt.conf -u PROBLEM Save the extracted information in PROBLEM directory -x Make the problem directory world readable. Usable only with -d/-D -t Throttle problem directory creation to 1 per second -m Print search string(s) for abrt-watch-log to stdout and exit SEE ALSO
abrt-watch-log(1), abrt.conf(5) AUTHORS
o ABRT team abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)