Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep regex, match exact string which includes "/" anywhere on line. Post 302535133 by jelloir on Thursday 30th of June 2011 12:12:29 AM
Old 06-30-2011
Smilie, haha so simple. I did read the man page but obviously not thoroughly enough.

Thanks for that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

correct syntax for using "grep regex filename" ?

I'm trying to grep a long ls by looking at the beginning of each filename for example: Many files begin with yong_ho_free_2005... Many files begin with yong_ho_2005... I can't just use "grep yong_ho" otherwise It'll display both files. So I'm trying to use a regex but my syntax is wrong. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for "exact word"

Hi All, Very GM I am searching for a specific filesystem on a serevr, like df -k "/" i am geting an output also... but when i am checking for somthing like /oramnt (which is not mounted currently) so i am geting an out like this df -k "/oramnt" output of root...! so i tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can awk built-in "match" be exact??

hello everybody, as explained in the title, here is what I want: str1="name1 name2 name3" str2="name1" str3="name" I know that match(str1,str2) will return 1, but I want that match(str1,str3) returns 0 (when it also returns 1...) Is there a way to get that exact matching process done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farphe
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"How to get an exact string from a txt file?"

I have many Gaussian output files, which contain a string start from "HF=" but follws the different values. I'm trying to get this exact string from these txt files. example 1, 2.524075,-0.563322,-1.285286\H,0,-2.544438,-0.678834,1.199166\H,0,2.18 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two string and get "exact" difference only

Hi all; Pretty green to perl programming; been searching high and low for a perl (preferably) or unix script that will compare 2 CSV strings in the same file that are separated buy the "|" character (so basically they're side by side) and give the results of ONLY the exact change; note that 19... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
simple_lock_try(9r)													       simple_lock_try(9r)

NAME
simple_lock_try - General: Tries to assert a simple lock SYNOPSIS
#include <kern/lock.h> boolean_t simple_lock_try( simple_lock_t slock_ptr ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to a simple lock structure. You can declare this simple lock structure by using the decl_simple_lock_data routine. DESCRIPTION
The simple_lock_try routine tries to assert a lock with read and write access for the resource associated with the specified simple lock. The main difference between this routine and simple_lock is that simple_lock_try returns immediately if the resource is already locked, while simple_lock spins until the lock has been obtained. Thus, call simple_lock_try when you need a simple lock but the code cannot spin until the lock is obtained. To release a simple lock successfully asserted by simple_lock_try, call the simple_unlock routine. RETURN VALUES
The simple_lock_try routine returns one of the following values: The simple_lock_try routine successfully asserted the simple lock. The simple_lock_try routine failed to assert the simple lock. FILES
SEE ALSO
Routines: decl_simple_lock_data(9r), simple_lock(9r), simple_lock_init(9r), simple_lock_terminate(9r), simple_unlock(9r) Data Structures: slock(9s) simple_lock_try(9r)