Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep regex, match exact string which includes "/" anywhere on line. Post 302535133 by jelloir on Thursday 30th of June 2011 12:12:29 AM
Old 06-30-2011
Smilie, haha so simple. I did read the man page but obviously not thoroughly enough.

Thanks for that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

correct syntax for using "grep regex filename" ?

I'm trying to grep a long ls by looking at the beginning of each filename for example: Many files begin with yong_ho_free_2005... Many files begin with yong_ho_2005... I can't just use "grep yong_ho" otherwise It'll display both files. So I'm trying to use a regex but my syntax is wrong. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for "exact word"

Hi All, Very GM I am searching for a specific filesystem on a serevr, like df -k "/" i am geting an output also... but when i am checking for somthing like /oramnt (which is not mounted currently) so i am geting an out like this df -k "/oramnt" output of root...! so i tried... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can awk built-in "match" be exact??

hello everybody, as explained in the title, here is what I want: str1="name1 name2 name3" str2="name1" str3="name" I know that match(str1,str2) will return 1, but I want that match(str1,str3) returns 0 (when it also returns 1...) Is there a way to get that exact matching process done... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: farphe
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"How to get an exact string from a txt file?"

I have many Gaussian output files, which contain a string start from "HF=" but follws the different values. I'm trying to get this exact string from these txt files. example 1, 2.524075,-0.563322,-1.285286\H,0,-2.544438,-0.678834,1.199166\H,0,2.18 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two string and get "exact" difference only

Hi all; Pretty green to perl programming; been searching high and low for a perl (preferably) or unix script that will compare 2 CSV strings in the same file that are separated buy the "|" character (so basically they're side by side) and give the results of ONLY the exact change; note that 19... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failure: if grep "$Var" "$line" inside while read line loop

Hi everybody, I am new at Unix/Bourne shell scripting and with my youngest experiences, I will not become very old with it :o My code: #!/bin/sh set -e set -u export IFS= optl="Optl" LOCSTORCLI="/opt/lsi/storcli/storcli" ($LOCSTORCLI /c0 /vall show | grep RAID | cut -d " "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subsonic66
5 Replies
NTDBRESTORE(8)						    System Administration tools 					    NTDBRESTORE(8)

NAME
ntdbrestore - tool for creating a NTDB file out of a ntdbdump output SYNOPSIS
ntdbrestore {ntdbfilename} DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. ntdbrestore is a very simple utility that 'restores' the contents of dump file into NTDB (New Trivial DataBase) file. The dump file is obtained from the ntdbdump or tdbdump commands. This tool wait on the standard input for the content of the dump and will write the ntdb in the ntdbfilename parameter. This tool can be used to translate between ntdb and tdb files by dumping and restoring. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
ntdbdump(8), tdbrestore(8) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. ntdbrestore was written by Rusty Russell based on tdbrestore, which was initially written by Volker Lendecke based on an idea by Simon McVittie. The ntdbrestore man page was written by Rusty Russell, based on the tdbrestore man page by Matthieu Patou. Samba 4.1 06/17/2014 NTDBRESTORE(8)