Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How Can I share a socket between childs? Post 302535076 by gaurav1086 on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 02:31:48 PM
Old 06-29-2011
Hello,

Can you provide the code that you tried but it failed. ?

Thanks,
Gaurav.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to kill a process and its childs given pid and userid

I need to write a shell script which would take 2 arguments pid , userid. Then it should kill all the child process under it. If a child process is not killed then it should wait for 1 minute and should kill. can anybody give me the idea to write it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_g
0 Replies

2. Programming

share file descriptor between childs

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <signal.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> #define BUFF_SIZE 256 #define CHILDS 4 #define DATAFILE "Client_Files.txt" void worker(int n);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlcpereira
3 Replies

3. Programming

forking. sharing global data in childs

hi, i want to write a code for forking 3 4 child. n wants that every child process one of the account from global account list. i wrote a program for that, but problem is every child is processing every account in list. what can me done to avoid it. attaching code with it #include <stdio.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anup13
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

5. Programming

Need help with fork, forking multiple childs and shared memory

Hi all, I m writing an application, where i need to fork multiple childs and those child should handle particular task given to them. More descriptive. For example, suppose i have 4 Network, each network has multiple nodes. Now on the basis of network child should be forked and these child... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpmeforlinux
8 Replies

6. Linux

To share socket fd between two process

Hello every one i am implementing client server program.To handle multiple fds of client in server i used poll function.But this poll not able to access socket fd from other process.How can i share socket fd between two process. Please Help me,Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
1 Replies

7. Programming

Share socket fd between two processes

Hello every one i am implementing client server program.To handle multiple fds of client in server i used poll function.But this poll not able to access socket fd from other process.How can i share socket fd between two process. Please Help me,Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
3 Replies

8. Programming

waiting for multiple childs - C - waitpid

Hi gurus, I would like to fork more children and then write their return values: so far I tried: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> int main(void) { pid_t pid; int rv=0, i; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

10. Programming

Pipe between Childs

Hey guys, I have to make a C program that simulates this command : cat (files here) | sort > file.txt So, I start and create a pipe. Then create the first child. This first child will execute the Cat through the pipe. Then create a second child that will execute sort, with input from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poppo
4 Replies
mapiproxy/libmapistore/mapistore_errors.h(3)		   OpenChange mapistore library 	      mapiproxy/libmapistore/mapistore_errors.h(3)

NAME
mapiproxy/libmapistore/mapistore_errors.h - This header provides a set of result codes for MAPISTORE function calls. SYNOPSIS
Enumerations enum mapistore_error { MAPISTORE_SUCCESS = 0, MAPISTORE_ERROR = 1, MAPISTORE_ERR_NO_MEMORY = 2, MAPISTORE_ERR_ALREADY_INITIALIZED = 3, MAPISTORE_ERR_NOT_INITIALIZED = 4, MAPISTORE_ERR_CORRUPTED = 5, MAPISTORE_ERR_INVALID_PARAMETER = 6, MAPISTORE_ERR_NO_DIRECTORY = 7, MAPISTORE_ERR_DATABASE_INIT = 8, MAPISTORE_ERR_DATABASE_OPS = 9, MAPISTORE_ERR_BACKEND_REGISTER = 10, MAPISTORE_ERR_BACKEND_INIT = 11, MAPISTORE_ERR_CONTEXT_FAILED = 12, MAPISTORE_ERR_INVALID_NAMESPACE = 13, MAPISTORE_ERR_NOT_FOUND = 14, MAPISTORE_ERR_REF_COUNT = 15, MAPISTORE_ERR_EXIST = 16, MAPISTORE_ERR_INVALID_DATA = 17, MAPISTORE_ERR_MSG_SEND = 18, MAPISTORE_ERR_MSG_RCV = 19, MAPISTORE_ERR_DENIED = 20, MAPISTORE_ERR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED } Detailed Description This header provides a set of result codes for MAPISTORE function calls. Enumeration Type Documentation enum mapistore_error Enumerator: MAPISTORE_SUCCESS The function call succeeded. MAPISTORE_ERROR The function call failed for some non-specific reason. MAPISTORE_ERR_NO_MEMORY The function call failed because it was unable to allocate the memory required by underlying operations. MAPISTORE_ERR_ALREADY_INITIALIZED The function call failed because underlying context has already been initialized. MAPISTORE_ERR_NOT_INITIALIZED The function call failed because context has not been initialized. MAPISTORE_ERR_CORRUPTED The function call failed because an internal mapistore storage component has corrupted data. MAPISTORE_ERR_INVALID_PARAMETER The function call failed because one of the function parameters is invalid. MAPISTORE_ERR_NO_DIRECTORY The function call failed because the directory doesn't exist. MAPISTORE_ERR_DATABASE_INIT The function call failed because the underlying function couldn't open a database. MAPISTORE_ERR_DATABASE_OPS The function call failed because the underlying function didn't run a database operation successfully. MAPISTORE_ERR_BACKEND_REGISTER The function failed to register a storage backend. MAPISTORE_ERR_BACKEND_INIT One of more storage backend initialization functions failed to complete successfully. MAPISTORE_ERR_CONTEXT_FAILED The function failed because mapistore failed to create a context. MAPISTORE_ERR_INVALID_NAMESPACE The function failed because the provided namespace is invalid. MAPISTORE_ERR_NOT_FOUND The function failed to find requested record/data. MAPISTORE_ERR_REF_COUNT The function still has a reference count. MAPISTORE_ERR_EXIST The function already have record/data for the searched element. MAPISTORE_ERR_INVALID_DATA The function failed to generate requested data/payload. MAPISTORE_ERR_MSG_SEND The function failed to send message. MAPISTORE_ERR_MSG_RCV The function failed to receive message. MAPISTORE_ERR_DENIED The operation required privileges that the user does not have. MAPISTORE_ERR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED The function is not implemented. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for OpenChange mapistore library from the source code. Version 1.0 Sat Jun 14 2014 mapiproxy/libmapistore/mapistore_errors.h(3)